VIII

Ben's POV:

Ben's ship landed on the rocky and slick terrain of Ahch-To, a cold and uneasy feeling filling his heart as he sensed his old master within close distance. Ben's whole body trembled as his cloak fell around his shoulders, draping his lathe body in darkness.

He walked out from his ship and smelled the salty water below, and the nature around him. It reminded of long and distance memories of his childhood.

--

"Ben" Luke's voice rang through the strong wind, I stopped moving and sensed him standing behind me. My heart stopped in my chest and I felt my whole body shaking with anger and longing.

"I'm here for the girl, no more" I spit, I heard Luke sigh in disappointment and heard his aged steps move toward me.

"We both know you care for her too much to not use her name" Luke said sternly, I felt my heart skip as he knew my thoughts. Except I didn't feel invaded or attacked like I did with Snoke...I just felt connected to someone new, to family.

"What is wrong with her? Why is she in danger?" I asked quickly, turning my body toward Luke and seeing his weakened and aged body hunched over in front of me. His face had a ragged and split beard growing from his face, along his dark hair, greyed by time and wisdom. It almost felt wrong to see him so worn and depressed, he smirked and took another step toward me. He placed his callused and rough hand on my padded shoulder and nodded his head.

"I'll tell you everything, just come with me" Luke instructed, he lifted his hand off my shoulder and began to walk toward a small stone village, stone huts shaped as domes adorned the green and lush land.

"How...how long have you been here?" I asked awkwardly, trying to start a conversation during such a dire time for Rey and her safety.

"Long enough, the porgs gets annoying really quick so if you feel the need. You can eat one" Luke suggested, I could hear a small bit of a joking tone under his voice. He chuckled to himself and looked back at me, his eyes scanned up and down me and his smirk faded.
"You look tired, I know how much she means to you but you need to eat son" he said softly, my whole body and mind stopped as he spoke.

He called me son.

"Don't call me that" I said quietly, my whole body trembling as I spoke. Luke heard my mumble and nodded his head.

"You may not know it yet, but I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy eating a porg...tastes like chicken" he said softly, I just stared at the ground in confusion and shame. Luke's eyes dropped from me and he just continued his journey toward his home, this place feeling oddly familiar.

Rey's POV:

"Are you sure I'm ready for this? I mean this festival you have is extremely important...I'm not sure if I should go" I advised to Yupka, Yupka just shook her head incredibly fast and glared at me.

"You must go, the high priestess has said you are to go" Yupka hissed, an undertone of spite I'm her voice. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "I apologize, this festival is so grand...I wouldn't want you to miss it" she corrected herself. I just stared at her ethereal frame and smiled awkwardly, something about this changed.

The warm feeling I'd felt before was gone, I sensed darkness and a hint of evil...but nothing more than slightly alarming.

"What time is it?" I asked carefully, Yupka raised her arm and tapped her wristband once more and numbers levitated from her white band.

"5:27, there isn't much time before the festival starts but you may take as much time as possible, although you must arrive before ten, for that is when the show begins" she said happily, giddily clapping her hands and smiling.

"What show?" I asked, I don't remember anything about a show being mentioned through all the conferences I've had about this festival. My heart began to I quicken as my mind sensed something suspicious happening.

Yupka smacked her forehead and crushed herself out, "I apologize again miss, it was meant to be a surprise and I have ruined it" she cursed angrily at herself. The sense of suspicion never left but the explanation made more sense then before. I walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, her skin felt like ice along with a hint of...nervousness.

"It's alright, I'm know you didn't mean to tell me" I said comfortingly, she just nodded her head and wiped her eyes. Standing up as straight as possible and staring down at me, my hand quickly being removed from her shoulder.

"Of course, just...excuse me for a moment, ring for me when you're ready to get dressed" she said awkwardly, she turned toward the door and opened it hastily, "actually...you may dress yourself, have a good night" she spit quickly, escaping my room and the door slamming shut as quickly as it was opened.

I stood there, completely stunned by her sudden rise in hostility. I turned toward my bed and stared at the gown laying on top of the white covers. Along with the pair of white flats and, I walked up to the bed and felt the silky fabric under my fingertips, something felt too strange about how this place existed and how I came at the perfect time.

Alarms starting going off in my head but they were silenced by a sudden feeling of warmth filling my heart. Another feeling I'd never felt before, I can't describe it, for I didn't know what it meant.

I picked up the dress and held it up to my body, standing in front of a mirror. What did I have to lose to go to this festival? I dropped the dress once more and walked to the wardrobe, I grabbed a pair of white pants and pulled them onto my legs. They were thick enough to cover my skin from the could wind yet right enough to be undetected under the gown.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the dress once more, unbuttoning the back and stepping my leg inside the luxurious gown.