XV

Ben's POV:

I ran to Rey's side, her chest no longer rose or fell, her eyes were focused on nothing but she was still warm. Tears begged my eyes to fall as I grabbed her body and held it close to mine.

"No! Rey no! Please!" I begged her, I stared down at her lifeless face and felt the tears that stung my eyes hit her cheeks and roll down them. Blood seeped from a cut on her forehead and dirt stained her lovely face. I held her face in my hands and looked around in a desperate attempt to save her, "please, not her" I cried, burying my face in her long, dark hair.

She was my home, she was what I fought for...now she's gone. My heart felt empty, she was my ray of light, she was my home.

"She was my home" I cried quietly, only saying it loud for myself to hear.

All POV's:

Luke and Leia were both exhausted from their efforts, with their shared energy, if they did nothing else, they could both survive and find Ben. But Leia knew what was best for her son, she turned to her brother and let out a small sigh.

"That's his home isn't it, it's her?" Leia guessed, Luke nodded happily and Leia smiled at her son. Knowing what she had to do, alongside her brother.

Leia walked up next to her crying son and placed a hand on his shoulder, Ben glanced up at his mother and she smiled, she ran her hands along with eyes and wiped his tears. The energy spent on making leia pinger had faded, she had transformed back to her present self and Ben just smiled weakly at his mother.

"Mom..." he cried softly, she let the tears run down her face as she rested a hand on the side of his face. Luke had feebly crawled next to Ben and placed a hand on Rey's shoulder. Ben just stared at his mother and could sense her energy fading.

"My son" Leia said proudly, Leia looked at Rey's dead body and felt her heart sadden, "Ben, I'm glad you're home" she said happily, Ben just smiled and looked at Rey as well, her happiness fading quickly.

"I..." he tired to say, "I love you mom" he said softly, the words filled Leia's heart with warmth and she smiled gratefully.

"I love you too" she said softly, she wrapped her arms around Ben one last time. She looked at Luke and they mutually nodded at each other, guaranteeing their next moves.

Ben watched in confusion as Luke and Leia bother laid their hands on Rey's shoulders. Both of their brows furrowed as they focused all the life force they had left back in to Rey, they both knew they had to sacrifice what they had to save what they love. Luke felt life enter Rey's body, happiness filled his pain as he gave her all he had left. Remembering how hopeful she was about Ben, how even though Luke hadn't believed in his student, she did. Luke felt his body grow weaker, along with sensing his sister's life grow weaker as well.

"Mom?" Ben called, Leia sadly ignored his call and focused on Rey and bringing her back. Ben watched as their skin began to lose color and their bodies began to tremble. Ben could do nothing as he watched his mother give him everything after he'd taken so much, he wanted to help her but it was too late.

Then leia opened her eyes, along with Luke doing the same. She looked at her son and smiled warmly, "come home Ben, and May the force be with you, always" she said softly. The words echoed in the dark room and seemingly filled it with light, Ben let out a breath of realization and stared at his mother and his uncle as they moved information of him and smiled warmly.

"See ya round kid" Luke said happily, Leia smiled at her brother and back at her son. Leia knew that this was bittersweet, but she now knew she'd soon see her husband, that was something she couldn't wait for.

Both Luke and hers bodies vanished from Ben's view, Ben felt a tear roll down his cheek as he sensed their demise. Ben started down at Rey, now full of hope.

Chewbacca, Poe and Finn stand over Leia's bed, as R2 had retrieved them from their stations to sit by the general's side. They watched in sadness as Leia's body disappeared from the bed, her body and soul becoming one with the force. Chewbacca roared in sadness and fell to his knees, wrapping his long, curry arms around R2. Poe stood up from the bed and wrapped his arms around Finn, no longer being able to hide his despair about his beloved general passing.

---

Luke sat on the rock jutting out from Ahch-To's mountain, his body trembled as he'd used everything. He sat with his legs crossed and stared hopefully ahead of him. Watching the twin suns of the island set before him. His heart filled with warmth knowing he'd been forgiven, along with his nephew redeeming himself. Luke let out a breath of peace and purpose before he knew it was his last. He closed his eyes and knew that in a short time, he'd see his father, Obi-wan and all his former friends and loved ones together again.

Luke's bodies faded in the orange light of the sunset and the island of Ahch-To was left to rest dormant and alone for all time, As Luke had become one with the force alongside his sister.

The Skywalker Twins now one in the force, watching over the galaxy.

And Leia watches over her son...get his home back.