Chapter 35

Years ago....

   "So tell me what you do Minsu-ah," Jaehyuk asks as they stroll down his neighborhood. "What does the son of one of Seoul's richest men do on his free time?" He looks at him with a warm smile.

   Minsu smiles back, straightening himself. "I work for my father." He answers. "He's my mentor as of now and he's going to show me how things are done in the family business."

   There's a small silence, Jaehyuk biting his lower lip as he's nervous to ask something. "Is he a mafia man?"

   The question doesn't bother the younger, he just lets out a small chuckle. "My father is no different than any powerful man," he begins. "Any man with power, like a president or a politician."

   Jaehyuk stops pushing Jungkook's stroller and looks at Minsu with a droll face. "Do you know how naive you sound Minsu-ah?" He asks with amusement in his tone. "Presidents and politicians don't have people killed."

   "Oh." Minsu nods and grins. "Who's being naive Jaehyuk-ssi?"

   Biting his lip again, the male continues pushing the stroller. "I want to thank you for your generosity." He changes the subject. "Geumjae still doesn't know about the things I was able to get for Jungkook since I leave everything with my neighbor in the apartment above me. But I still can't thank you enough."

   "You're very welcome Jaehyuk-ssi." Answers Minsu with a smile. "I wish I could help you leave that place. Well I can, but I'm not sure if things will work out."

   "What do you mean?" Jaehyuk looks at the other with confusion.

   "I can help you leave that place, you and your son can stay at my home, my father won't mind it. But all of it really depends." He continues to walk.

   Jaehyuk follows his lead. "Depends on what?"

   Again they stop and Minsu looks Jaehyuk straight in the eyes. "You leaving him." He says honestly. "I'll help you Jaehyuk-ah. You and your son; you both would be taken care of at my home." Grabbing Jaehyuk's hand, Minsu steps closer. "I can do all of this for you... but I can't if you're still with him."

   The other male is full on blushing, heart beating wildly in his chest. His adrenaline was kicking in and he was extremely entranced by the other's concern and want in helping him and his son. "M-Minsu-ah...." he stutters out. "I want to go with you... I know you'll treat Jungkook right." There are tears in his eyes. "I know I've known you for a short time, but already I know you'll be the father he needs. I can feel it in my heart, you're our missing link." He sobs. "I want to go with you..."

   "Then come." Minsu pleads. "Leave him and come with me Jaehyuk-ssi."

   "I-I can't...." Jaehyuk cries. "I-It's his son too..."

   Minsu's heart clenched. He was bummed out at Jaehyuk's rejection, but he wasn't about to show it. Instead, he pulls a ring off of his finger. It's a chrome ring that spins with color when you turn it in the light. "Take this then," he slips it easily on Jaehyuk's finger. "Keep this with you. The day that you can escape from him, I'll be there to take you and Jungkook in to my home. I promise you." He gives the ring a kiss before smiling. "Please don't ever forget this promise."

A few weeks had passed since Minsu and Jaehyuk had seen each other. Jungkook was starting to gain weight and it made his mother happy seeing he was getting the proper nutrition he needed. The upstairs neighbor would always come by whenever Geumjae was sure to be gone and prepared meals for the older male as well. It seemed as though life was getting better for the both of them.