Chapter 3: Fresh Start

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely," Eugene noted.

"Yes!" The audience responded with applause.

"Boy, I sound like a motivational speaker here. Perhaps, you could tell us next time about your girlfriend," Ho-dong joked as his eyebrows wiggled in a smug.

Eugene burst out laughing in amusement, including the others. He nodded, saying. "For sure."

Ho-dong turned to the camera and said. "We will be back shortly right after the commercial break. Let's give it up for Cha Eugene, everybody!"

"Thank you for having me," he said, bowing his head a little and waved at his fans. Then, he shook hands with the talk show host and inaudibly thanked him again.

During the same evening in the city of Seoul, the tremendous cheering resonated throughout the entire Olympic Stadium. Armies are swinging their bomb sticks in the air as they are bouncing repeatedly towards the live performances by K-East. They were all hyped as they sang and danced along to their music. Short video clips and pictures were taken of each member where they gush over their moves and looks.

ON and Dynamite were obviously the most highlighted songs and choreographies lately as they topped the charts and radio stations. Afterward, their finale ended with big colorful fireworks, coordinated in rainbow until they transformed into purple ones written in K-East x Echoes Forever.

"Thank you for coming. We couldn't imagine how many of you could still support us up to this day," Ryung said sincerely.

"We will continue to create new music and fun stuff for you, guys," Min-Jun said.

"From the bottom of our hearts, you've become the best friend we never had," Taeyun said.

"None of this would've happened if it wasn't for you," Jaesang smiled.

"You made us so incredibly happy. For that, we will be rewarding you with handcrafted bracelets we made just for you," Hwan grinning.

"We love you!" Joon-wo shouted in exclamation.

"See you again, Echoes," Jiyoo smirked coolly and showed them his heart signature of his fingers, including an air blow kiss.

The seven of them waved at the audience and sent flying kisses. Then, they took a bow once they were applauded by their fans.

"And to all a good night!" Ryung concluded as he and the rest of the members started to walk out.

They were heading towards the backstage curtains and puffing out of breath. Sweats had soaked the back of their shirts, especially a few droplets formed on the side of their foreheads. They raked their hairs with their fingers, whereas the staff approached and quickly patted them with towels. Whilst, they were getting light makeup retouch-ups and drank bottles of water to hydrate.

"Man, that was such a spectacular moment that I haven't been feeling for a long time," Hwan stated with an overwhelming sensation.

"It does feel like we haven't been doing this... You know, ever since we split up," Min-Jun noted.

"Guys, it's alright. What happened before is in the past now. At least, we've learned something," Ryung placed his hands on top of their shoulders reassuringly.

Jiyoo came up beside them as he was reading the Echo's letter quietly. He smiled in amusement, saying. "This is so much adoration. And also, a chibi drawing of me attached to this card."

Hwan went in closer to pinch his cheeks funnily. "Who's the girl?!"

"Ow! I'm not seeing anyone right now," Jiyoo laughed when he backed away in a grimace. He slightly scoffed, rubbing his face soothingly, and turned sideways. "Anyway, I also don't have much time."

"Aww, don't tell me you still haven't gotten over your ex fiancé," Ryung joked.

"No, I could care less about her," Jiyoo huffed.

"Then, who are you thinking about?" Min-Jun asked skeptically.

"Is there someone you already met?" Joon-wo wondered.

"Literally, nobody," Jiyoo rolled his eyes in annoyance at his Hyungs.

"Hmm. Come on, we were just teasing," Hwan nudged his shoulder a little bit and heard a male voice calling out behind them.

"Boys, I must say. I'm very impressed with your performances and by far, we have earned about half a million dollars each time we held a concert. I also would like to tell you that we have compromised with Ithaca Holdings. However, we will still keep our Big Prime name," Mr. Bong informed and went on further to recall. "What happened between Scott Bernie and Tracey Grace is not going to affect us in any form since they are signed under our Corporation. There's no need for you to worry. Amazing work as always. Your upcoming 'Meet and Greet' will be held this Saturday and don't forget..." he paused when he laid his hands on their backs enthusiastically. "Have fun!"

"Definitely," Ryung nodded in agreement as well as Min-Jun, Hwan, and Jaesang.

"Anyway, I'll be heading back to my office. In case if you need anything, you can come with me or just call and text. Chacha!" Mr. Bong chirped with a grin and walked away to leave.

"Bye," the seven members replied in unison, then they went around to go to the hallways. They exchanged glances as they sauntered side by side and uttered.

"Looks like we might be seeing them in person," Hwan stated happily.

"It's a good idea and plus, we can either collaborate with them," Min-Jun thought.

"Maybe. Although, there are reasons why we should or should not," Ryung pointed out.

"Hmm. We'll still talk to them, you know, normal friends online," Joon-wo shrugged.

"Speaking of online, do you guys want to go Vlive?" Jaesang offered.

"Sounds great," Hwan grinned.

"Yeah," Joon-wo and the others nodded.

"I have nothing to do, so I will join you," Taeyun insisted.

"What about you, Jiji?" Hwan asked blankly.

Jiyoo shrugged, saying. "I'm in, but first... let's order food for dinner."

"Same. I'm starving..." Jaesang said, caressing his stomach.

"Alright," Ryung smiled and clasped his hands, whereas the others were moving along as they were instructed to go to their dressing rooms to change.

By the next hour, half of the people have dined in one of the restaurants, known as, Maple Tree House, in Seoul. Bryan Zedler, who was taking a vacation, is now patently working as a waiter. His shifts begin from Monday to Thursday at around the afternoons and evenings.

The boss sometimes inquires to extend his duties overnight and he does not mind. He felt obligated to earn a living and become more disciplined to take care of himself. His mindset has developed positively over the past few days and greets his manager, co-workers, and even in the neighborhood.

He goes to the customers and serves the food and drinks on each table. Then, he stacks the empty plates and glasses in every pile before handing them over to the dishwashing area.

Once he finishes, he takes his leave after notifying them with a wave of goodbye.

"See you tomorrow!" The waiter guy hollered and added in. "Oh, we have basketball tryouts if you want to come."

"Sure, I'll let you know my availability. Okay, see you then," Bryan said.

"Bye, dude," he smirked and continued to scrub the counters.

Bryan nodded curtly and pushed the door open to leave.

Later on, he arrived at the apartment and dropped his bag on the couch as he plopped himself down to rest. He closed his eyelids and massaged his temples with a sigh of fatigue. Tilting his head back to relax, his mind starts to reel across what occurred before.

He walked over to his computer and turned it on. He clicked the files to keep up with the tracking system. He frowned, hopelessly thinking about his best friend, who he has no clue of.

"Where are you now, Val...?"