Chapter 2 : House Bomb

Start from the beginning

The man let out a breath as he then pulled out a certain paper from the folder, "They said this was in his wallet."

Isabela stood back up and turned back to him, her eyes watering when she saw the old looking picture, that definitely looked as though it had been worn out by being folded up. But just by the kind of paper it was, she knew exactly what it was. She took it and unfolded it, seeing that it was the drawing from four years ago, that she had drawn right after meeting Scott. Of the garage in Brazil, the old racing bike, and Scott on it with his helmet. 

She remembered giving it to him when they separated, her name and date signed on the bottom right corner. She bit the inside of her cheek and looked up, closing her eyes and taking in a breath, shaking her head because she still couldn't believe it. Then she looked back down at the paper, seeing a couple red dots on the worn out left corner - and she knew it was his blood. 

"What did he say to you?" Dean asked after a moment, and Isabela opened her eyes and looked across the street, before looking back down at the paper and folding it up before shoving it into her back pocket with a shake of her head. "He said that someone was after him because they wanted to know where I was. He said I needed to run - that whoever it was, was after my family."

Dean nodded and glanced to the house, "That's why you're here."

Isabela nodded and looked back at him, before shaking her head. "What about you? How'd you pull the string to get the report?"

Dean just cracked a small smile, "I guess retirement has never really worked out for me."

Isabela scoffed, "Doesn't seem like it. Since this is your second time being supposedly retired."

"In my defense, it was Jones being an idiot that pulled me back in." Dean excused as they headed up to the porch, but before they were even on the first step, the front door swung open followed by a "Aunty Izzy!"

Isabela couldn't help but smile as she caught the little boy, whom had jumped off the top step and into her arms. The green eyed brunette chuckled as she caught him and lifted him up, holding him on her hip as they headed inside, seeing that Mia was working on packing a lunch for the almost 4-year-old boy. "Whoa, look how big you've gotten."

"Iz!" Mia smiled at her little sister, nodding her and Dean over to the table, where there was a have eaten plastic bowl of cereal that belonged to Jack. 

But Jack grinning, "I told you!"

Mia laughed, glancing to her sister. "He said he heard your bike."

Isabela chuckled as she placed the boy in his chair before moving over to make herself some toast, "Welp. He loves my bike."

"But he's not getting on it until he's way older." Mia gave her a pointed look, and Isabela just laughed. "Of course." Then she shrugged, "And besides, I'm only using it 'til I find myself a better car."

"Hey, Lieutenant." Mia smiled with a nod to Dean, who gave a slight nod back and accepted the bottle of water that Isabela tossed him. 

"Izzy, what's up?" Brian walked in, giving the girl a brief hug. "I thought you weren't headed back until next month."

"Yeah, uh.." Isabela shrugged, sharing a look with Dean. "Somethin' came up."

After breakfast, Isabela was laughing as Jack played with his yellow Camaro toy on a box on the porch that was stamped and stickered with Tokyo marks. 

"Alright, buddy. We gotta go. We're gonna be late." Brian walked onto the porch, carrying Jack's backpack, and picking the boy up to carry him to the mini van. "Come on." Jack continued waving the toy in the air, making car noises as Brian said. "Okay, uh, what do you think? Parking brake slide right up to the school?"