Chapter 8 : "I'm Gonna Be An Aunty!"

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Isabela walked with Brian, Mia, and Dom through the well pipes before they carefully climbed out of it. The girl was still out of breath and definitely sore, but wasn't fazed as they could hear men shouting somewhere in the distance, but they still moved to step out of the shallow moving water. 

"They're gonna be lookin' for the four of us together now." Dom spoke up, stepping ahead of the group. "We need to split up." Then he looked back at the youngest. "Iz, you head West." Then he gestured to the other two, "You and Mia head South. I'll lead them away."

"No." Mia quickly argued, looking exhausted by this - and honestly, so was Isabela. But Brian turned to Mia, "Dom's right. Look how lucky we just got. What happens next time? We have no choice but to split up-"

 What happens next time? We have no choice but to split up-"

"I'm pregnant." Mia cuts him off, making them all look at her in surprise, as Mia then shakes her head and glanced to Dom. "I already lost my family once. I'm not going through that again."

"Are you kidding me?" Brian moved to her, causing her to breathlessly chuckle. "No." 

They kiss before hugging, then Brian looks at her

They kiss before hugging, then Brian looks at her. "I'm not going anywhere. Okay?"

"Okay." She nods, and as they pulled back, Isabela let out a happy squeal as she quickly moved over to hug her big sister with a smile. "I'm so happy for you! You're going to be a great mother." Then the girl pulled back with a bright smile and happy jump, "Oh my god, I'm gonna be an aunty!"

Mia chuckled as she looked at her baby sister, before Mia then looked over at Dom - all of them turning to look at him as well, since he was facing away from them. "Dom? Promise me we stick together."

Dom looks back at them and smiles, "I promise." Then he moves over and the four have a big family group hug as he chuckles, "Our family just got bigger." They all laugh, completely feeling the warmth of the happy news - especially what they had just gone through. 

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Back at the abandoned building that the they had been staying in, Hobbs had now taken over with his team. They were scanning the stripped down car, and going through everything - which included a journal they had found, that had went through at least two of the group, before landing with Thomas. 

Thomas looked over the leather bound journal that had the initials I.R.T. engraved into the binding for Isabela Rose Toretto. He then began flipping through the drawings, noticing just by her change in utensils and skill, how much time seemed to have passed just throughout this book - which was just figured even without looking at the dates on each bottom right corner. And it showed that she had been drawing in this journal longer than two years. 

"Something doesn't add up." Elena Neves spoke up, going through a folder and glancing up to Hobbs - who was walking with Dean. "Toretto and O'Conner. They stay when they're supposed to run, they steal gas... then give it away. Now they're killing federal agents? It doesn't make any sense."

"Here's what makes sense." Hobbs walked over, taking the folder before throwing it to the ground. "All these guys are, is names on a list. They come up, we take 'em down. Not a phone call more, not a bullet less. Wilkes, you get anything?"

"Standard forensics." Wilkes shakes his head, coming over with some papers. "Shoe prints. Hair and fiber. Their prints are all over the car."

"Anything else?" Hobbs takes the papers, so Wilkes gestured over. "Yeah, we tracked the owner off the vehicle ID. There area a couple shell companies in between, but we finally traced it back to a corporation owned by an Investor down here named Hernan Reyes."

"Investor?" Elena nearly scoffed, shaking her head. "If there's anything illegal happening in Rio, Reyes is involved."

"Okay. Then so are we." Hobbs nodded, "If he could get us any closer to our guys, I want everything on him."

"Whose this kid involved?" Dean picked up the paper on the floor, showing her record and information, as Hobbs barely glanced over. "Isabela Toretto. The youngest of the Toretto clan. Rap sheet to her eyes just of petty crimes, until she began gettin' involved in her brother's work. Her prints were all over that train as well, and after what was shown out there today, she's as dangerous as the other two."

After reading her age, Dean shook his head and looked up. "But she's just a kid."

"This kid took out more than one armed men with no weapon, and managed to evade all of us and them." Hobbs said, stepping towards his old friend. "Word of advice, don't view her as a little girl. She's a criminal."

Thomas frowned though as he looked up, since she had saved him. She also had a chance to take him out, but didn't. 

Hobbs looked over to his other men. "Chato, you're on the roof. I want you on overwatch in case somebody comes back for something. Mac, give me a cross-check on Reyes, full specs. If he goes to the john, I want to know how many times he shakes it."

"You got it, boss."

"Wilkes, Fosco." Hobbs kicks the torn apart car. "Let's put this mess back together."

Fosco glanced over in slight disbelief. "That's gonna take a while."

"Then you better get started." Hobbs said, "They were taking this car apart for a reason. Let's put it back together and find out what's missing."

"I know someone who can help with that. He's an expert." Dean said, knowing exactly who to bring in on this, and Hobbs looked to him. "You trust him?"

Dean nods, "Yeah."

"Good enough for me."