Chapter 4 : Past Comes Back

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Isabela was excited about the coming up night through the day, but she was also extremely nervous, because she had decided to finally tell Lucas the truth about herself... and she was just praying that he wouldn't hate her.

She knew there were going to be consequences and repercussions, but she couldn't lie to him any longer. And telling him probably also meant that she'd have to tell Caroline, and she could already feel a knot in her stomach just thinking of it.

... But the moment she saw Lucas waiting for her outside her last class that day, the worry faded and she couldn't help but smile. 

"Hey." He greeted her with a kiss, and Isabela smiled as she looked up at him. "Hi."

He then took her book bag and put it over his shoulder, before he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, the two heading outside. "How was class?"

"Long." The girl breathed out as they began walking to her dorm building, the sun already setting, and Isabela wrapped her arm around his waist as she sent him a grin. "But I'm excited for tonight."

"Really?" He chuckled, "Because I've been nervous ever since you mentioned you had something really important to tell me." Then he gave her a look, "Wait. Should I be worried that you're breaking up with me?"

"No." Isabela chuckled, and he nodded with a smile. "Good." Then he placed a kiss on top her head, before pulling back to say. "Because then my important thing to tell you, would be kind of awkward."

The girl pulled away from him with a raised eyebrow, "What's your important thing?"

"Nu-uh. Not 'til tonight." Lucas shook his head, causing Isabela to stop walking and take his hands - stepping in front of him to give a pouty lip. 

"Oh, no fair." Lucas chuckled, "I didn't do this when you said you had to tell me something." Then he shook his head, "Fine. I'll tell you if you tell me your thing."

Isabela let out a breath, "It was worth a shot."

Lucas gave her back her bag with a chuckle, then he cupped her face with both hands, giving her a long and loving kiss, before pulling back. "I'll see you in five, Juliet."

Isabela softly laughed as she took a couple steps back, giving him a wink. "You sure you can last that long, Romeo?"

The boy dramatically and definitely joking, put his hands to his chest and stumbled backwards. "It's gonna be difficult, but I'll try to manage."

Isabela laughed, brushing a hand through her hair. "You're such a dork."

"Oh, you love it, just admit it." Lucas said as she walked to her building, but Isabela just turned back around and dramatically blew him a kiss before she headed inside with a silent laugh, her smile never leaving her lips as she headed up to the dorm room.