Chapter 2 : House Bomb

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

After getting to LA pretty early in the morning and already making a call, Isabela drove up on her new bike with Lucas on the back of it, and their bags strapped to the back of it. She then pulled up and parked the bike behind the red car that Dean was already standing outside of, and Isabela pulled off her helmet and sighed as she got off, but stopped Lucas. "Um, actually... how about you just wait for me at the diner down the road."

Lucas, who had pulled off his helmet, frowned. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Isabela forced a smile with a nod of her head, before giving him a quick peck on the lips. "It's just somethin' I gotta do by myself."

Looking over her, Lucas eventually nodded and put his helmet back on before driving down the road, sending Dean a brief nod - since in the past two years, Isabela obviously told him about what happened. 

With a sigh, Isabela walked over to the red car, placing her helmet on the hood of it as Dean pushed off from where he'd been leaning against the vehicle. He knowingly then moved over and picked up the folder from his passenger seat, handing it to her with a sigh. "Police report from Chicago."

Isabela took the folder and opened it, before quickly closing it and looking away, taking a deep breath to prepare herself, before she opened it again and swallowed the bile in her throat as she looked at the picture that the on-scene cops had taken. He had a bullet to the thigh, a bloody and probably broken nose - definitely a few other bruises and injuries... but the one that made her either want to cry or throw up, was the bullet wound in the center of his forehead.

Thankfully the girl was able to swallow back both as she turned the page, reading over the report, which then said that his phone was found completely broken in a dumpster just a few feet away from the alleyway his body was dumped in. 

But eventually seeing enough, Isabela just closed the folder with a breath and moved over to lean her elbows against the hood of the red car, putting her head in her hands with a shake of her head.

Dean, who was also feeling the loss of the boy he had known well, then sighed. "His family took his body to Oregon. They're having a funeral for him this weekend."

"His family?" Isabela scoffed as she stood up straighter, looking over at Dean. "He told me that they kicked him out when he was 14. I mean, me and you are the closest family he's ever had." 

"I know." Dean nodded, putting the folder back in his car. "But they still loved him."

Isabela shook her head, still fighting back the ache in her heart. "They didn't deserve him." She didn't even deserve him. 

Dean looked at her, knowing that even though it's been three years, he knew that Scott and Isabela still cared a lot for each other - even in Brazil when they barely knew each other. He could only guess what they had gone through together in the year long trip, when they spent literally every day together.