Chapter 7 : Bullets Hurt

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Han, how far is Interpol?" Brian asked through their radios, as they all drove fast down the road, the yellow Camaro definitely sticking out amongst the five other black cars.

"Twelve blocks away." Han responded with, but then Tej clicked his radio. "You guys, it's a ghost town over here. Shaw must've pulled all the cops to him."

"Alright, ya'll, we're all in this shit, so let's go get it." Roman adds in, so Isabela pressed more on her gas pedal - the group speeding down the road. 

Even with them all speeding, it took a few minutes, before Han then spoke up again. "Interpol, straight ahead."

But the moment they drove up, someone from above began shooting at them. When a bullet lodged into Isabela's hood, she quickly slammed on her brakes while turning her wheel. "Shit." The car skidded to a stop, and she quickly shifted it into park as everyone else pulled up with her.

Brian quickly got out of his car, using his door as a shield, as he began shooting up at the sniper. Isabela, who had also gotten out of her car with her with her gun raised, had to duck when three guys ran out of the Interpol building, aiming machine guns at them and shooting.

But then a smaller, bullet proof and shaped weirdly, car pulled up in front of the building, followed by an SUV that the guys quickly ran to. Except, when Isabela managed to hit one of the guys, it caused him to fall out after shoving the bag he was carrying into the vehicle. Then the cars take off, causing Isabela to look over at Brian. "Go! Go! I've got him!"

Brian nods and takes off in his car, with Tej and Roman right behind him.

Isabela quickly closed the door of her car and ran over, seeing the machine gun that the guy must've dropped, along with some blood droplets, but he was gone. But gunshots made the girl quickly look up, seeing Han quickly pull Gisele out of the way of the machine gun up top - which then turned on the younger girl, causing Isabela to quickly run and jump behind the corner of the building. 

When she was out of range, she stood up and backed away from the wall, lifting her gun up so that she could try to aim at the sniper.

But apparently she wasn't fully out of range when another gunshot sounded, the bullet lodging into the girl's shoulder and knocking her to the ground with a pained noise. Even though it had been her left shoulder, it still caused her to drop her gun. 

Isabela had been through pain before, both physically and mentally, but she had never been shot before. She had obviously thought about it, wondered how it felt like, because she knew that sooner or later with how her life was, it was bound to happen.

She always thought that maybe you wouldn't really feel it, because of how fast the bullet was going, at least not until the blood loss or adrenaline failed or whatever. And maybe that was it for some cases.