Chapter 10 : Another Jackass Run-in

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Wait!" Isabela tried, moving to put her gun back in the waist band of her jeans behind her back because there was no way she would shoot Letty - as she tried to catch up with her.

They eventually reached a subway, Letty taking a couple seconds to swing the door open - which allowed Isabela to catch up to her once they got in the subway tunnels. "Letty, wait - Whoa!" The girl, who had grabbed Letty's arm, quickly had to duck when the woman swung at her.

Then she quickly brought her arm up to block another hit, before using her other hand to shove Letty's leg away. "Whoa- Hey, hey!" She ducked from another hit, her green eyes looking up at Letty. "I'm not here to hurt you, Letty."

The dark haired woman finally stopped and looked over the girl in front of her, but what made Isabela's heart drop is that... there seemed to be nothing there. It was like Letty didn't even know who Isabela was - who the girl she helped raise, even was.

But in those seconds of just looking at eachother, someone ran up behind Isabela and kicked in her knee before wrapping his arms around her neck. And as Beck cut off Isabela's airway, Letty went running again - so Riley went after her.

Isabela's hands went up and gripped his arms, digging her nails into his skin as she gritted her teeth and got back to her feet. Then she kicked off the wall next to them and caused Beck to stumble back, allowing Isabela to slam her elbow down into his gut - and as he loosened his grip, she quickly yanked his arm off of her and turned around as she slammed her fist into his jaw. 

As he stumbled back into the wall, Isabela quickly took off running again, but as she got up to the stairs, Beck had caught up again and kicked in the back of her knee. Isabela fell forward into the railing, but as she turned around, she managed to quickly duck her head and move out of the way when he went to punch her. 

"You know what, you are starting to get on my nerves." He glared at her, as there were definitely a couple people moving out of the way, not sure really what was happening - as Isabela just glared at him. "Back at you."

The two then go back and forth, Isabela more wanting to get away from him because she wanted to go after Letty, so she was more blocking and deflecting his hits. But when he grabbed her by the hurt shoulder, she let out a pained noise as she got yanked down a bit, but that caused her to get angry and reach up - grabbing his hair and yanking until he let go of her. 

They stumbled away from each other, before Isabela finally made the first move and punched him in the chest - right below his collarbone - which caused him to stumble backwards toward the stairs as the wind got knocked out of him. But he recovered enough to grab her by the jacket and yank her sideways, which caused her to trip and grab his arm as she fell - causing them both to fall and tumble painfully down the stairs and on each other. 

Isabela swore she heard someone yell her name, as there were many gasps and startled noises around them. But the young brunette honestly blacked out for a second when she hit the bottom, before a couple people were helping her and Beck up - as if they only just fell down the steps, but then Isabela yanked away whoever helped her up and quickly moved forward - punching Beck in the chin before kicking him in the stomach. 

Someone then grabbed her arm, yanking her back as Beck fell to the ground, which caused Isabela to whip around and shove the random stranger off of her - but when she turned back around, Beck was gone. 

Before she went running, Dean had already ran down the stairs and ran over to the girl, taking her elbows when she nearly stumbled - definitely feeling the aftermath of falling down the stairs. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." She rushed out, not even looking at him, but looking over him and scanning the crowds - until she spotted Beck pushing through the crowd - causing Isabela to quickly move passed Dean and run - trying to get through the people crowding the subway. 

Dean moved to follow her, but then his foot stepped on something. He stopped and looked down, taking the small step back as his eyebrows furrowed, seeing the ring on the chain. He reached down and picked it up, knowing that it must have fallen off Isabela when she fell, but as he turned the ring over in his hand... he froze.

The very familiar ring was one he never thought he'd see ever again - the only other time seeing it being almost 20 years ago. 

Dean quickly looked up, not seeing where Isabela had went, before he looked back down, his thumb brushing over the sun on the ring... before he brought up his own hand, seeing that his ring matched it exactly, except for the crescent moon symbol. 

Way down the subway, Isabela had just managed to shove through a group of teenagers, getting annoyed comments from them, but she just ignored it as she stopped and had to quickly look around for the jackass. But once she stopped him hop into the train, she sprinted forward and roughly shoved some guy with a guitar out of the way, but once she got to it, the doors had closed. 

"Dammit!" Isabela smacked her hands against the doors, seeing him take a few steps back with a cocky grin on his lips, which made her mutter a string of curse words in Spanish under her breath as she took a step back when the cart started moving. 

Finally feeling the pain in her shoulder though, Isabela looked down and moved her jacket, before groaning as she saw the blood seeping through where her bullet wound had ripped it's stitches open. "Crap," She mumbled as she looked back up, before turning around and grimacing, moving over to help the guitar player pick up the papers that had fallen out of his case. "I'm really sorry about that."

After eventually getting into contact with the others, Isabela had went back to her Camaro and jumped in, pulling out her phone to ask where Dean had gone, but then she stopped when she saw her necklace hanging from the rearview mirror. Slightly confused, Isabela took it off before putting it back on, not realizing when she lost it, but then her phone buzzed with a message from Dean.