Epi.2

I pull up to the front of the house and grab Oscars and Cesar's breakfast

I pull up to the front of the house and grab Oscars and Cesar's breakfast. I'm still mad at Oscar from last night, but still I unconsciously care for him. I get out and lock my car and soon enough Cesar walks out of the house but something is off with him. I smile at him but it's like a rug has been pulled from his feet when he looks at me. Did Oscar tell him what happened last night?

"Hey Cesar salad I bought breakfast." I cheer.

He gives me his famous side grin and grabs the bag from my hand.

"Thanks Rosalía ." He nervously jokes.

He's about to walk away but I stop him. He never walks away without calling me Rose bush when I use his nickname. Something is definitely up. He looks up at me with tense all over his body.

"Cesar I know I'm your pain in the ass Hermano's girlfriend but I'm also your friend-what's going on?"

He swallows hard on what he's about to say as if he was realizing something.

"Our dad just came back from prison this morning."

Shit. I know Oscar is feeling hurt, bitter and angry all at once. I just know that their dad went to prison and he has been taking care of Cesar ever since. This isn't good, but mainly how does Cesar feel.

"How do you feel?"

"I think he's getting it together for Oscar and I. I'm just scared to mess up I don't want him leave again." He chuckles out his worries.

"And Oscar..." I trail.

Cesar looks at the house with a look of tenseness.

"Tense...well I will see you later Rosa." He reports before running off to his friends waiting for him across the street.

I let out a stressed sigh out. I nervously walk to the white paint cracked door. Oddly it's quiet though. I just hope Oscar hasn't been to harsh on his dad. I knock on the door and soon it swings to a older man who has Santos tattooed on his chest, slicked hair, and beady brown eyes yet tired.

"Hell-"

Oscar pushes the man back and looks at me with annoyance on his face. I ignore it and push him to the side, once I get that Oscar pushed his dad back. He closes the door as he is about to lose his shit holding onto the handle .

"Hello I'm Rosalía Oscars girlfriend."

He chuckles and nods his head.

"You got a beautiful one Oscar. And call me Rey" He exclaim.

Oscar rolls his eyes and rest one hand on my shoulder.

" Well it's very lovely to meet you sir." I smile.

Oscar clears his throat and tries to pull me out of the conversation, literally. I take his hand of my shoulder and hand Oscar's breakfast to Rey. I know he's had a long trip and prison food can't be that too good.

"Hey that's mine."He nags.

"Not anymore." I snap at him still mad from last night.

He breathes inward hard and walks off outside. I laugh and clap my hands together.

"Well I guess I have to check in with your son but enjoy Mr. Diaz." I gush.

I trail after Oscar and he's busying himself with his car. I shove my hands in my pockets and kick the dirt underneath my feet.

"Oscar I get it but he seems not that bad." I state.

He throws me a glare and I sigh. I walk closer to him and place my hand on his hand that won't rest.

"Will you calm down if I make you breakfast and slightly forgive you for last night." I promise.

"Sure will." He simply says and pecks my lips.

I nod my head and I walk into the house to make him waffles and sausages.
-
I turn the stove off and I see Oscar up in Mr. Diaz's face. God why is he being like this? Mr. Diaz looks guilty and genuinely sorry, but Oscar just walks around his car. Mr. Diaz says one more thing and by Oscars response it's easy to tell it hurt his feelings. I sigh and make his plate before he comes in through the back garage.

I set his food down on the table and I lean on the counter. Soon enough the door swings open and he is breathing really hard. His dull eyes are filled with tears.

"Oscar ven aquí." I say with having my arms open.

Before I can blink he holds onto me crying. I gently rub his back and his head. He's hurting and he's may not admit it, but he doesn't want to get replaced by Rey in Cesar's eyes. He's scared of Rey leaving him again. He deeply wanted a normal childhood and he'll never be able to relive that but he's gonna miss more if he doesn't open his eyes.

"Oscar I know you're mad at him for going to jail and you having to drop your childhood to raise Cesar and having to join the Santos because your family's affiliation... but I can see Rey is trying to be a father yes it's wrong timing but it's better than nothing like my own father." I try to assure him.

His sobs start to fade and his face grows dark.

"Well nothing is better than wrong timing."He gripes.

He walks over to his breakfast and eats quietly. I sigh and I grab my things. I have to go to school, since today is the last day of school. I'm gonna miss my students honestly. I walk up to Oscar and peck his lips before leaving.

"Don't do anything stupid." I say before I leave like always.