As Jelena was hissing her frustration, someone was inconspicuously eavesdropping. Someone who appears to be a waitress and nonchalantly wiping the table next to the group of serpentina bandits.

"Order up at table by the fireplace!" The barmaid called.

The waitress casually made her way towards the barmaid.

"What's it saying?" the barmaid mumbled, very quietly it almost doesn't have a sound at all.

But the waitress' ears are well trained so she hears, then replies, "Nothing more than usual, boss,"

The barmaid subtly nodded at the waitress, signalling her to deliver the order of drinks for the men sitting by the firepit. Then mumbled to herself, "Of course, they'd only recognize Dinah and Ally. Stupid serpents,"

Dinah, also known as the tall one, smirked as she downed her shot of cerveza negro, a local brew of the island. She's seated at the bar, her hood is up and her back turned from everyone in the tavern. If anyone looks, she's just another pretty face in a luscious body. What they do not know is that just like her boss, the barmaid, she was a fruit of a forbidden love between a faerie prince and a human. That is where she got her inhuman speed and an extra limb unusual in most female anatomy.

Ally, also known as the short one, didn't hear any of the exchange between her comrades or the conversation going on inside the tavern. That's because she's in the far back in their modest house dealing with their padrino who was cursed about more than a decade ago by some bitter ex and turned him into a woman.

So, basically he is now a madrina named Simona.

She's been whining about cramps and still having to deal with menstrual cycle for more than ten years now despite being eighty nine years old due to the curse. Only Ally was patient and strong enough to handle her, tending to her cravings and whims. But unlike Dinah or their boss, Ally is a human who failed to grow up to the average height. But her lack in tallness, she made it all up in physical strength.

"Mani! I'm taking five," the barmaid called out to the waitress.

Mani the waitress was said to be one of the many bastard children of the last manticore king of the east. Her mother was said to be once a priestess of Arcadia but was abducted to become a slave for the manticore king. Of course, the Arcadians defeated the savage manticores of the east in a single attack after a decade long of terrorizing the common folk and it all went down in history. But rumors spread that the manticore king survived only to execute one last offence to the Arcadians. Abduct the high priestess and make a whore out of her. And rumors had it that Mani the waitress was the evidence of such atrocity.

Now, let's not forget the barmaid. Also known as Camila. Or simply refer to as the boss.

She may look like one of those baby-faced innocent-looking maidens raised in a countryside barn but that's just all it is. A look. Her character however, is something all the institutionalized faiths would puke on and spit out.

Camila has committed multiple murders and stole more than her fair share of treasures since she was just a mere child. It was all she has known all her life, pillaging villages and taking lives for sport, because that was what her father instilled in her young mind since she was born. She is much stronger than Ally, much faster than Dinah and her intuition is much sharper than Mani. Her purpose has always been to covet and take what isn't hers because that's what her father taught her.

Until she learned who her mother was. That's when enlightenment dawned on her and everything changed.

* * *

A/N:

^^^

See that, it means smut warning 👅⚠️

It'll probably happen in the later chapters but keep an eye out for it anyway . . .

- Hatfield 🙂