Training

Zarah's pov

When I got to my room I prayed, then went to the balcony. I sat in a chair and thought about what just happened. I remembered my dad and my older sister telling me to be careful and to not get myself into this situation.

I just disappointed my dad and I did not even realise. I had just started to cry when I heard a knock on my door.

I yelled out, "Who is it?!"

"It's Zain. Please open the door. I want to talk to you."

"Okay, just...give me a minute." I quickly wiped my eyes and put my hijab on before I opened the door.

When he saw my face, he said, "Have you been crying? What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it. What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, about Chloe, I am so sorry. If you want to come to the pool, we are all heading out there."

"Um...Why are you sorry about Chloe? She did nothing wrong. She just told me the facts, She is going to be Jefa. And for the pool...maybe in a bit, I just need more rest."

"No. You are wrong. She will never be Jefa because I am not the type to love or anything. I will let you rest, but please come to the pool."

"Yeah, okay. In a bit." He gave me a quick nod, then turned around and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. I grabbed out the shopping bags and looked for the swimwear that I bought. I got it out and put it on, checking twice in the mirror how I looked. Once I was ready, I headed to the pool.

When I walked out, I saw that every one of them were looking at me and at what I was wearing

When I walked out, I saw that every one of them were looking at me and at what I was wearing. I didn't care. I just sat on one of the chairs and tried to stop looking at Zain's shirtless torso as he came towards me.

"You going in the water?" I looked down at my own feet laying on the chair.

"Maybe later." Everyone was getting out and I stayed where I was.

"Okay" he replied. Everyone else had gone into the house, and it was just me, alone by the poolside. I double-checked that there was no one and jumped into the pool. Finally some peace and quiet. I went to the edge of the pool and began admiring the beautiful garden, thinking of how I got here, when I heard a splash and whipped my head around to see who it was.

It was Zain. I didn't know what to think or feel...All I knew was that my face was heating up.

"Why're you blushing, baby girl?" I didn't respond.

He just stood there in the water, five steps away from me and I was happy he didn't move any closer.

"Now can you tell me why you were crying earlier?"

"Why do you even care? I just want to go home." I stated in the softest whisper.

But he still heard and said "You are not going home and I do care."

He tried to swim closer but I swam away, making sure he does not come to close.

"Okay, fine. Can you just get ready for training?"

"What do you mean,training? There is no way that I am joining your gang."

"Fine, but you have to learn how to protect yourself."

"I can protect myself. My brother has already taught me how. I DO NOT NEED YOU TO TEACH ME!" I said, my anger rising with every word.

I suddenly felt a tear rolling down my cheek. I wiped it away before Zain could see it.

"C'mon. If you do, then why didn't you escape from my men?"

"They had guns!!! What do you expect me to have done? And I was out numbered." I couldn't control my anger anymore. Then I realised that I was backed into the corner of the pool.

I had nowhere to go with Zain's muscular arms caging me, trapping me even further.

"Let's see how good you are." He said with a smirk and a wink.

I blushed but went under the water and swam out of the swimming pool, leaving Zain in the water.

I went to my room for a shower, then changed into some athleisure clothing.

I went down stairs and saw Catalina.

"You will fight today so I can see how good you are and we'll go from there." She said.

"Go from where? I told your brother that I will not be joining the gang." I said calmly so I would not upset her.

"Okay. Let's just see what you got." She replied, a smile gowing on her lips. She motioned for me to follow her and started walking.

She took me to the basement and there was a huge gym/boxing ring.

We got in the boxing ring and I remembered that I was taught to never lose.

We started fighting and I got hit so many times that I felt like giving up.

Then I thought that maybe if I won, they would let me go home.

I gathered all of the strength that I had left and punched her as hard as I could.

I began dodging all of her punches, and with the last few punches of the match, she hit the ground.

I ran out crying. I never meant to hurt her. I just had to get my anger out. I went back to my room and took a shower.

Throwing my pajamas on, I went to my bed, and just cried. The most horrible thought crawled its way to the front and centre of my mind.

They will never let me leave now.

It felt like I was crying for hours.

I heard a knock on my door and rushed to put my hijab on. I wiped my eyes as quickly as I could and checked my eyes in the mirror. Thank god it didn't look like I had been crying.

I opened the door slowly, so I could check who it was. It was Zain. My heart dropped.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt her. Please tell me she okay please...don't lock me up..." I said, backing away so he couldn't touch me. I suddenly felt weak. My knees gave in and I fell to the ground. I started to cry again.

Zain came down to my level and said "Why would you think that? I would never lock you up. She is fine, Mi Amor. She is okay."

I wiped my tears away and said, "Can I see her?"

"Yes. But have some rest and see her tomorrow okay?...Oh and baby girl? That was one hell of a fight." I giggled.

"Thank you, and...goodnight Zain."

"Buenas noches, Mi Amor."

He closed the door and I got under the covers of the bed.

Thoughts of Zain wandered through my mind.

I could still hear him say my love in Spanish. It was so sexy...