New Beginnings

Zain's POV

The first time I ever saw her, she had me intrigued. She was not like any girl I had ever met.

Zarah. Such a beautiful name.

She wore a hijab, which I found odd at first, but when she had explained its meaning, I found it beautiful, because the only man that can touch her or see her beauty and did not share her blood was her husband. Then she told me she wasn't married and that made me happy.

But I did not like that it made me happy. I am meant to be ruthless.

When I heard that she did not put up a fight when my men kidnapped her, I had this feeling, I didn't know what it was. Then my sister came to me and told me that she overheard Zarah on the phone with someone, telling them she couldn't make it to work tomorrow. She could've called the police or someone else to save her, but she didn't.

That made me very confused.

My sister, then told me that Zarah wasn't in the room when she walked in and that when she went to the balcony she saw her running away. That made me pissed, but even then, I let her get further than anyone that has ever tried to escape from my house. But I had to have her, so I sent my men to get her before she got to the fence. They had her back in her room in no time. I wanted to check on her but I couldn't because of her hijab, so I told my sister to take some clothes with her to check on Zarah. When my sister left her room, I walked over and knocked on the door. Zarah didn't let me in so I told her I would talk to her tomorrow.

The next morning, I was awoken at 5 in the morning, by someone moving around across the hall. At first I thought someone broke in but it was just Zarah, moving around in her room. I could tell by the light footsteps. I got dressed as quickly as I could and walked over to her door. I lightly knocked to make sure I didn't startle her, but she didn't answer. I was concerned, thinking something bad really was happening inside, so I let myself in. There was no one but Zarah and she was doing something I had never seen before. Regardless of this foreign action, I waited until it looked like she had finished.

"What are you doing?" I asked and she turned around to look at me.

"Praying." She said in a soft voice.

"Why and how?"

"Why and how do I pray?" She asked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Yes."

"Okay. Well...for the why, I pray five times a day because it is a part of my religion and the how...well that is difficult...because, uh...well, that I have to show you"

"Show me then."

"Okay." She said with the softest and most beautiful voice. She then proceeded to show me and I was amazed of the beautiful, foreign words coming out of her mouth so fluently. I was so entranced by these words, and by her beauty, that I had not realised she was finished, and that she was looking at me.

This made me angry. How could she make me feel this way without my consent or control. She made me feel like I needed her to be mine.

I can't.

I can't make her mine. I am a ruthless man, a bad man, and she is so innocent and good. I can't have her control me without mine or her knowledge. I will ruin her.

I have to push her away.

"Get ready and come downstairs for breakfast. Then you will go shopping with Catalina." As much as it hurt to do, I went back to being a cold-hearted person and ordered her with the voice I use to command my men. Then I got up and walked out. I went downstairs to the food I had prepared for her and quickly ushered Catalina inside to make it look like she made it. As soon as Catalina sat down, I walked over and sat with the gang at the small refectory table in the same room.

After five minutes, Zarah came down the stairs and stood in the corner of the kitchen. She was wearing a white loose-fitted blouse with full-length, washed out, blue jeans and black knee-high boots. Even though she was completely covered from head-to-toe, she looked absolutely sexy.

"Hey girl! Have some breakfast so we can go shopping!" Catalina said in her annoying high-pitched voice, getting up to hug Zarah. As they were embracing, I couldn't help but imagine how that would feel. To be in her embrace.

"I have some bad news...I can't eat bacon." Zarah's sweet, velvety voice snuck its way into my train of thought, snapping me back to reality. I should have asked what she can and can't eat before I decided to make her breakfast.

"Oh, no don't worry. We have pancakes too." Zarah's face lit up.

"I love pancakes!"

"Have some, chica."

"Do you speak Spanish?"

"Duh. This is Cuba...Why?"

"Oh, nothing. I just study it back home."

"Really? Damn girl. Hot and smart." For once I agreed with Catalina.

"Thanks, but not beautiful and strong like you, though." What is she talking about? She's the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.

"Um...Yes you are. But the strong bit, I can help with. Hurry up and finish your breakfast. We have to go shopping."

"Okay, okay." She giggled a bit and ate her breakfast as fast as she could. I forgot about the gang I was supposed to be paying attention to and began to think about Zarah. Why couldn't she eat bacon? And my baby girl knows Spanish. Could she get any more perfect?

When Zarah was done with her breakfast, she picked up her own dishes and began to wash them in the sink once she found it. I wanted to stop her myself, but then remembered that the gang members in the room would hear me and think of me as weak. I could not have that. Luckily, our maid, Maria was walking into the kitchen at that very second, so when she glanced at me, I signalled for her to stop Zarah and wash the dishes herself. Maria did as she was told and Zarah thanked her and began to walk towards the front door.

I saw her look at me for a split second as she exited the house, causing me to smirk back at her.