Chapter Thirty-Six: Goddess of Fire

SLASH!

SLASH!

One more swift cut through the neck was enough to decapitate the monster. Its beastly head fell to the ground, and its body started to fade away into dust.

Bakugou grimaced at the sight, flicking off slime off his scimitar. "The hell are these things?"

"They're some kind of monster," Midoriya answered. "I saw them back in Draconia during the first attack. I'm not sure what they are yet... But they're killed after decapitation. I just hope they weren't actually alive..."

"I learned that much," the prince stated. He glanced back to Midoriya, who was finishing killing of a beast. His body looked fierce and upright, like he was prepared for this battle. He didn't carry any panic with him.

Bakugou muttered, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Why are you asking?" Midoriya questioned. But at once, his eyes widened, and he understood. "Oh... I'm ok. What happened back at the lake wasn't normal. You don't need to worry about me... but... we should be worrying about the others."

"I don't know where they are," Bakugou stated. "And I don't think we'll be able to find them anytime soon... this place is like the battleground of a war."

Midoriya stood next to the prince and looked out in the battlefield. He was right: it did look like havoc. Everyone in the mix was either fighting or running away. It reminded Midoriya of the battle in Draconia. Magic wielders were everywhere, along with the ghastly and unnatural. Broken buildings and flames scattered the former streets of Ostus.

This was just like Draconia.

But Midoriya didn't feel a sense of guilt or panic yet. The battle had just begun. There was still time. He could still save everyone!

The only question was how.

He turned to speak to Bakugou again, but that was when a rumble came from the entrance of the castle. "Kacchan, get back!" he yelled as he ran from the entrance of the gates, guiding Bakugou back by holding his arm out in front of him.

"The hell's going on? What is that noise?" Bakugou snarled.

His question was soon answered. From the paths that lead to the castle, dust flew up in the sky. Horses galloped out through the gates and into the city, carrying hundreds of soldiers on them with all kinds of weapons. In the front of the group were three people, all of them seeming different.

The group was led by a mighty man, built by strength and power, with a longsword slung on his back. He was huge, with armor that imitated muscles, and dark red hair that put fresh blood to shame. Behind him was a tall, young woman. Her body was lean and swift, her white ponytail was touched by the red of roses. Glasses framed her eyes, but her steel armor that hugged her body chased any doubt away. On her belt was a long, curved, steel-chained whip, and her black horse was covered in armor as well. The third member appeared to be the youngest of the three, with steel and bronze armor that kept him safe. He rode a horse the color of chestnuts, and on his back was a long halberd.