Chapter Eight: The Earth Stone

This was too confusing

This was too confusing. Bakugo trusted Midoriya with finding the location of the witch family's hut (as crazy as it sounds), but they have been wandering around for about an hour. The trees here were too familiar.

He walked past a tree with a large scratch in it and recognized it immediately. He used his sword to make a mark in it last time to track their location, but somehow, they had passed it several times, irritating the prince.

They had been in this forest for so long. After the group left the village, they travelled all morning to the woods where they were now. It was late afternoon, with the sun a little lower than halfway through the sky, and with long clouds that slowly trailed along the light blue sky.

"Deku, where the hell are we?" Bakugo asked.

The swordsman was busying himself with his map. His eyes were darting across the paper, confused. "I... I don't know... I've just been following the path on here, but..."

Bakugo snatched the map from his hands and looked at it against the other's protests. He found out where they were in relation to the place the witch family's hut is supposed to be, but it was too simple. "It should just be here..."

"That's what I'm saying! Now can you please give it back?" Midoriya asked. Bakugo waited a moment, but he returned the map to the other.

Kaminari peeked his head over his new friend's shoulder. "Maybe we passed it?"

"No... I think we would have noticed..." Midoriya answered. Bakugo scowled to himself. This situation was so stupid, and for what reason? How hard is it to find an old house in the middle of a forest?

Midoriya broke him out of his train of frustration, saying, "Come on. We can't stop here." He help the map out in front of him and continued to step forward. The other three trailed behind.

The prince of Draconia was becoming impatient, and quickly. The rocks were all in the same placement as before, the same animals were lingering around, and the sunlight poured in through the same shade. The group was getting closer to a split in the paths, where they were supposed to turn right, but they've turned right too many times now. They were just walking in circles.

He groaned out loudly, yelling, "Come on! We've been going the same place for an hour now!"

Kirishima stopped and turned first. "Hey, listen. I get that you're upset. I am too, but we need to be patient. The map's telling us-"

But the Draconic prince was too provoked to listen. "No. Forget what the map is telling us. I'm not wasting my time out here anymore. I'm going somewhere else..." He looked ahead to the path and turned left, against the other's argues.

Midoriya sighed hopelessly. He ran ahead to catch up with his childhood friend, who was already lost in the maze of trees. They were too far off track. Midoriya wasn't pleased with their current results either, but if they were to walk away from the location, they wouldn't get anywhere.