Chapter Ten: Ready

It turns out that the Earth Stone was hidden under the well

It turns out that the Earth Stone was hidden under the well. Uraraka's father explained that most people would expect the stone to be hidden in the hut, so instead, they hid it in the one place no one would notice. Bakugo tried to be as patient as possible, but he had been waiting for the cure for two weeks, and he was only now getting one part of it.

There were still three parts of it left though... Bakugo has never felt this desperate and hopeless in his life.

Uraraka's mother held her own staff over the well. "Conjure: Reshift." Bakugo raised his brows as he watched the magic. He didn't know how a secret passage could possible fit in, but the stone blocks of he well shifted out of their original position and grew into stairs leading under the well. The ground moved around them to fit.

So, it was this simple all along?

"Follow us," Uraraka's mother commanded, and she led the group down the stairs. As Bakugo stepped down, he noticed how the strange atmosphere changed. The dirt tunnel they were being led down slowly turned to mossy stone. The path opened up the more they walked down it. Plants were everywhere, growing on the floor, on the roof, on the walls. Plants were even on the columns that rose to the ceiling. Before he knew it, the tunnel had turned more into a large room, similar to the ones in Bakugo's palace. What really confused him was the nature. Sure, the element was here, but the plants couldn't have grown without sunlight or water. Just how strong was this magic?

Uraraka strolled to the side of the walls, where a flower has grown out from the cracks. She felt the small white petals, which were so tiny she could barely distinct them. "Baby's breath," she whispered aloud, admiring the soft petals. She then reached out and picked the flower off of its roots.

"Ochaco!" her father called.

She looked ahead. "Oh, coming!" She fit the flowers into her hair and ran ahead to where the others were.

The group reached two doors. They were large, like palace doors, and made of light brown wood. Plants swirled around it, but they avoided the cracks of the door. Faint light was shining through. Uraraka's parents looked to each other for one last glance of approval, and they held their staffs in front of the doors. Their gems glowed. Clicks from inside the doors could be heard, and a few seconds later, they opened.

If the outside didn't resemble nature, the inside did.

A large tree was growing in the center of the room. It must have been about half the height of Bakugo's castle, with leaves that were a rich green and at the peak of health. The roots cracked through the floor, and they were as larger than the Draconic prince's body. Flowers  of all breeds were sprouted through all over the room, but green was still the distinct color. A small waterfall was pouring through the back of the room and into an area opened up for it. Sunlight wasn't needed. There was something inside that tree that was lighting the whole room up with a yellow and green aura. It was green and swirly, and it shined like gold.