Chapter Three: King and Queen

Bakugo and Midoriya both turned around to the city behind them

Bakugo and Midoriya both turned around to the city behind them. "What the hell was that?" the prince questioned.

"I..." Midoriya mumbled. "I don't know..."

The person who screamed prior wasn't the only one now. There were several people shrieking. Havoc had corrupted the kingdom, and neither of the young men knew why. They looked to each other for a split second before rushing through the trees and back into the kingdom.

They both understood why others were screaming now.

The streets were filling with all kinds of invaders. None of them looked like they were from the same country or land, but instead, they were a scattered society. Each of them were in pairs or trios, and one of them was always some sort of magic wielder. Some were large and multicolored with their eyes popping out of their heads and their brains revealed. Dragons littered the air, but all of them were shifters. The military was fighting off as many invaders as possible. Smoke filled the air.

What caused this chaos?

Kirishima and Kaminari ran up to Bakugo. "Your majesty!" Kirishima sighed in relief but he looked ahead. "It seems someone has attacked the castle!"

"Both of you, with me," Bakugo ordered. The dragon shifters began to run forward.

Midoriya reached a hand out. "Kacchan!"

Bakugo didn't look back, but Kaminari did. His eyes were softened with remorse. Kirishima noticed this and turned. "Kaminari, lets go!" The blonde mouthed a quick 'sorry' before turning and raising his arms. Yellow scales sprouted like plants, and wings produced themself from his back. In a split second, both Kaminari and Kirishima had turned into dragons. Bakugo jumped and grabbed onto Kirishima's leg. He hauled himself over the dragon's back, and they flew off to the castle, leaving the other behind.

What was he supposed to do now?!

Midoriya ran a hand through his thick green hair, the sweat soaking into his white gloves. He gasped for air as he looked to the city in front of him. This really was a kingdom of warriors. Every man and woman was fighting back, with or without a weapon. A few had stepped to the side to escort the children to safety. There were way too many intruders in the kingdom for him to just stand around. And Bakugo ran into danger without hesitation.

He had to do something.

And just like that, Midoriya withdrew his sword and raced into the battlefield. No one seemed to notice him as he dashed forward, following the shadows of the winged beasts that left him earlier. Only then did he look to the side. Buildings had collapsed, stands were on fire, and those creatures were everywhere. A girl collapsed. Her short purple hair fell behind her, and her violet eyes were widened his fear. She held her green whip in front of her as defense, but the creature was itching closer. It was large, green, and disgusting. It looked like all of the other strange monstrosities brought into this city. Though she was wearing parts of steel armor, her expression didn't resemble a knight's. Midoriya halted. This woman needed help, and fast. Midoriya's eyes raced across the streets. He caught a glance of a blacksmith, and outside were some shields stood up as attractions.