Chapter Twenty-Seven: Dismay

Warning: Extreme gore, panic attacks, and angst occurs in this chapter.

"Y-You're the prince of the Kingdom of Dragons?"

"It's called Draconia."

"You three are all from there? And you can actually turn into a dragon?!"

"Yes."

Todoroki perked a brow. "Why is this the thing that concerns you the most?"

The sky above them was black in the moonlight and ornamented by stars, but the light of the campfire was still strong. The group had been huddling around it for some time now as the prince told their story.

Iida sighed, backing down against the tree he was leaning his back on. "Well... I just don't understand why you would go with... er... if your kingdom is called Draconia, what do you call yourselves?"

"Draconics," Bakugou stated.

"Right, Draconics..."

"It's because their kingdom is cursed," Todoroki stated.

"And why are you helping them?"

"My father hates them. That's the only reason they need for me to like them."

Iida sighed, facing the prince. "Look, I understand you want to stop your father from declaring war on the Kingdom of-... Draconia, but I don't think this is the way to do it. I mean, collecting magic from the four gods themselves... that seems completely irrational!"

"I know, but if it stops my father from murdering his kingdom again, I'll do it," Todoroki declared.

The knight mumbled under his breath, but if Todoroki was sure about it, who was he to argue?

He took a deep breath to clear his thoughts before speaking again, "So... you have two of the four elements. And the third one is in Ostus... do you know where exactly, Todoroki?"

"It's in the castle, beyond a door close to the library. I passed it while I was escaping."

Iida pursed his lips. "So... you ran away from the castle just to go back there? Are you really this determined to stop a war between Draconia and Emberium?"

Without a second thought, Todoroki nodded.

"O-Ok... so let me get this straight..." the knight started, "Draconia was cursed by a strange sorcerer, the same sorcerer who sent a party out to persuade our king into declaring war. In order to stop this from happening, you ran away, Todoroki."

The prince nodded once more.

"Not only that, but the only real way to break Draconia free from it's curse is to use magic from the gods themselves... all of this... it just seems so bizarre..."

"Yeah," Bakugou stated. "And here we are, going out and doing this shit anyways."

The fire sparked up out of nowhere, but the night calmed it back down into nothing but flickering, orange flames. The night grew silent once again...

"... I'll join you."

"W-What?" Todoroki stuttered. "Just like that?"

"If you're this determined to cure Draconia... if you're this determined to stop your father from declaring war, then I'm right behind you," Iida stated. "I always will be."

The prince's eyes were wide in shock, surprised at the sudden confession, but his lips slowly curved up into a smile. "Iida... I don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything. I just wish that Bakugou here will allow me to join your quest. Will you, prince?"

Bakugou didn't know what to say. He had never intended for this party to grow this much, but perhaps that wasn't such a bad thing.