Chapter 35: Yours always, Roe xx

Start from the beginning

He loves his kitchen, it was his favourite place in the house so I decided the kitchen island would be its place. A place I knew he wouldn't miss it, a place we shared so many memories, so many moments and so many things that I would never forget.

...

...my love, my happiness and my home.

All my love,

Now and forever,

Yours always, Roe xx

I signed the paper before holding it in both hands, not wanting to let it go as if the letter was symbolising him and our love. I kissed the paper meaningfully before I placed it down on the island, my hand laid on top of the letter a little too long but I knew it was time. Time to let go and time for him to find his happiness, even if it wasn't with me.

I breathed deeply feeling a lump form in my throat before walking out of the room we loved so much, I walked swiftly into the walk-in wardrobe and quickly packed all of my clothes into my suitcases. Majority of my stuff had been moved here because this was where I spent most of my time since he had been back and he wanted me to stay here while he was away, the thought alone was so bittersweet.

Once I was finished getting all of my toiletries from the en-suite, I walked back into the bedroom and took a seat in our bed. I felt the sheets beneath my fingertips, I knew I would miss this room, Tobias could have lived anywhere I would still miss his room because it was him in the shape of a room, everything about it screamed Tobias.

He had asked me so many times if I wanted to add my feminine touch but I never did, I just wanted to embrace and love all of him, flaws and all. Now, I'm sat here in his room and it hurts so terribly, this room was my home and he was my home. How will I fit in this world without him?

I looked back over to the pillows, I envisioned the sweet moments we shared where we would just look at each other, the moments I loved the most. We could stare at each other for hours and it would never be strange, we were just so in love and in our beautiful honeymoon phase that this was nothing out of the ordinary. He looked at me with so much love and so much care that I could never stop my heart from fluttering when he stared.

He would smile at me and I would smile back, we would laugh and we would talk about our dreams. The time we spent together wasn't long but we cherished every moment and we loved wholeheartedly.

I noticed something white peaking out from beneath the sheets and I smiled knowing exactly what it was.

Tobias had a knack for taking off his t-shirts he wore to bed and leaving them there and I would be left to pick them up and put them in the laundry baskets. I chuckled watching our little lovers spats in my mind before I pulled it out. I looked over the white material before pulling it to my face, I inhaled the material knowing that it would carry his scent. He wouldn't miss it but I knew I would miss it if I didn't pack it so I did.

I needed something to keep me going, I needed to have a piece of him when I was living through the hell I was about to walk into. I needed to see, hear and smell that light at the end of the tunnel, call me crazy but that shirt would be my lifeline.

I knew the nights of me crying myself to sleep were coming, I knew I would feel weaker than I ever had and I knew Chase had plans for me so I needed it.