Chapter 1: Anniversary

2 hours.

I sat there for. I sat there in my lace, rouge red Teddy with my garter sitting seductively on my bare thigh and in my black stiletto Christian Louboutin red bottom heels to match. My skin was glossy, moisturized from head to toe, almost patent but I was ready to glisten from the glow the orgasms he used to give me. I was ready for the lace to be ripped off my body, beyond repair, only to be left in my garter and my Louboutin's. I was ready to be ravished by the man who put that final ring on my finger only 5 years ago, today.

But that wasn't going to happen and I knew it. I waited and I waited, hoping he would walk through the doubles doors of the house we built together, eat the amazing 2-course meal I took hours to prepare for us and eventually have me for dessert. However, that dream died when I woke up, still in my ensemble, on the edge of our marital bed, in the dark of night. I was awoken by the sound of my husband's hearty laugh and someone else. I quickly wrapped my silk robe around my body and silently crept down our grand staircase.

What I was met with wasn't a surprise but it still chipped at my beating heart every time, I crossed my arms waiting for him to notice my presence but as per usual he didn't. His wedded hand held a fistful of her red hair, his favourite colour, he devoured her lips as she did his and I just stood there and watched. I felt a single tear fall down my cheek as that pain that I had anesthetized for such a long time finally woke up again. "Chase -" She said breathlessly as he trailed kisses down her neck to her shoulder.

"Cha - Chase your wife is here." She almost moaned as I felt bile form in my stomach, he slowly looked around at me. I couldn't even look into his eyes, I felt myself cover up my chest with the tiny silk material wrapped around me "Hey - hey baby, what are you doing up? I'm so sorry we woke you, I just wanted to spend tonight with my girlfriend, you can go back -"

"You asked her to be your girlfriend to - tonight?" I felt my voice break as I felt my lip quiver, his eyes grew wide as he placed his hands on the side of my arms "Baby, we - we spoke about this. You said you were okay with this, you were the one who wanted this open relationship so I wouldn't cheat -"

And there it was, the blame, the guilt, yeah it was my choice. Serves me right for thinking this would be different. I loved this man with everything in me, I loved him so much that I let him talk me into this arrangement but I never thought we would get to this point. He asked one of his connections to be his girlfriend, tonight.

I couldn't let her see me like this, so I fled to our room and slammed the door behind me. I felt my body slide down the door as my tears took over, I began to hit my head on the back of the door "Stupid, stupid, stupid." I whispered as my tears flooded my face, I soon heard loud footsteps rushing to the door, I felt a single thump as Chase banged the door "Please open the door, please beautiful."

That single word could have made me do anything, Chase always knew how to get me and with that one word, layered with enough love in his voice; he could have me in an instant. He called me beautiful at my lowest points, he made me feel beautiful when the person in the mirror didn't agree, he knew what cards to place and when.

And as much as I wanted to fight, my addiction to this man corrupted any common sense I had.

Sighing, I got up, unlocked the door, and pulled the double doors open. There unveiled my godlike, outer-worldly, beautiful figure of the man I chose to marry. The man, that when he lifted up his head to look at me, he would make my heart stop and forget how to breathe and that's exactly how I felt looking at him.

"Baby, I thought we talked about this. You understand that I love you with all of my heart right?" He stepped closer and lifted my chin up so I looked directly into those eyes I loved so much. "But then why am I not enough?"