Chapter 1

Jiang Cheng

I could not believe what was happening, after 10 years when we were finally able to come back home this was something I was not expecting. My home did not have my parents anymore and the company they built with so much effort was in shambles, my sister has a kid and probably was married too, this is not something that I wanted to come back to.

I wasn't ready for this, not the company, not coming back and definitely not facing him. I rode the car silently as I saw how much the city has changed, everything has changed around here and nothing was the same. It took us a good 2 hour ride from airport to home, I stepped out of the car and a-jie was already waiting for us along with that peacock! It has been 10 years but the moment I step in my home why is he the first guy I see?!

The kid ran towards the man and he picked the kid up in one swift movement.

"Jiang Cheng." I heard a voice from behind. It was Wei Wuxian's voice and we both shared a look we both were very familiar with.

The infamous "what the fuck is this peacock doing here?!" look. A-jie saw that and immediately said "Now you two, be good."

"Shijie!" "A-jie!" Me and Xian said in a unison.

"It's okay A-li, I will escort them to their rooms. Can you put A-ling in his bed? He seems sleepy." He said to my sister.

"Jin Zixuan, how dare you order my A-jie around?!" I said, my teeth gritting.

"Look, both of you, it's too late now and I am sure you two are tired as well with everything happening around here. So, do yourselves and Yanli a favor and pick this fight some other day." Zixuan said.

He was not wrong, there was a lot going on and the 18 hour flight did not help as well. We let it it go and quietly stepped inside the house, it was practically empty now. It seemed too big now. Me and Xian walked towards our rooms and before we stepped inside Jin Zixuan said "my people are working here for now. If you need anything, tell them, they will help you." and he walked away. I stepped inside my room, everything was still crystal clean and everything was in place, exactly where I left it. Including the photo frame that I flipped down before I left.

It was overwhelming, coming back here. There are so many things and feelings that I have not yet sorted out. I did not think much, it's not like I had the energy to. I was jet lagged. I freshened up and changed into clean clothes that were kept on my bed.

"Dinner will be sent to your room, take rest for the night. The funeral is tomorrow." Read a note on the bed that was kept along with the clothes, I realised it was kept by a-jie and I had to face the harsh reality tomorrow. I flopped down in my bed and before I knew it, my eyes weighed down and I was taken in the distant memory of the good old days.

10 years ago -

After the whole clamour this morning, a-jie, Xian and I rushed towards the school.

Wen culinary arts school was one of the most prestigious culinary arts school in the country and after high school, me and Xian were put through rigorous training for passing the entrance exam of this school. Xian and A-jie were child prodigy, they were known throughout the Jiang group of restaurants and Yunmeng for their skills. A-jie was agile on her feet and was great at building dishes that would suit the sophisticated taste of the cuisine restaurants while Xian was a child prodigy, he was only honed better and better in the kitchens. His speciality were complicated yet extremely well planned cuisine, behind the knife he was a monster. But I was yet to refine my cooking skills, unlike those two, I was only known as the heir of the Jiangs. That wasn't a pleasant feeling.