Chapter 37

Lan Wangji

"What is this?" I asked as my assistant handed me a giant envelope.

"This came in this morning sir, it has been marked urgent." He said.

I looked over the front of the envelope and my assistant was right, urgent and classified was marked in red.

"Alright. You can go. Thanks for delivering this."

He bowed a little and then walked away, I waited the for the door to close behind him before I tore the envelope open. It was a mesh lined envelope and it meant, they were legal documents. I read through the papers that were in the envelope and immediately went to my brother's office.

I walked in and saw the same papers lying around his table, his face dark.

The time has come.

"Brother."

"Yeah, I got it too."

Dismissal of former CEO Lan Qiren from the Lan group of companies as a major shareholder.

It was a notice, a petition sent by other shareholders who held the power of who gets to be in the company and if they vetoed against Uncle all together, the possibility of him being dismissed was ten times higher. And our Uncle was still a major shareholder because of our Aunt's shares being transferred to him after her death. Our Auntie died because Lan Qiren wanted the major amount of shares and Auntie wanted to transfer them to my brother. It had created a buzz and conveniently, she died in an assassination soon after which was still under investigation.

We knew who did that, just didn't have any proof.

Does that mean the shareholders have something that we do not?

I didn't know but my hands itched at the prospect of this working. Knowing that this might be a good chance to take the company completely off the hands of our uncle.

"This is not good." I heard my brother saying.

"What? What happened?" I look up at my brother who looked visibly concerned about something as he looked at his phone.

"They are fighting back, look at this." Turning the phone towards me, I see a news article that was published seconds ago. It was concerning how fast the media worked these days.

The Lans and their family dispute: Young CEO perpetrating dismissal of former CEO, Lan Qiren, in allegations of his late wife's death.

This was not good.

"We need to call a board meeting before the shareholder summit" My brother looked more and more perplexed, as if he couldn't point a finger at some kind of adversity yet wanting to go through this dismissal, betting everything he has.

"I will schedule it for tomorrow at the earliest."

"Send them the notice that there's no way out, if they don't show up, they can and will lose their share of the company."

"Alright."

I walked out of the office, sending mails and making calls. We had been staying at the main estate so the children were well taken care of, it allowed us to burn the extra midnight oil required to come up with several contingency plans if things go south.