Chapter 28

Lan Xichen:

The day of press conference is finally here, after six months of anticipation, it is finally here. The past six months, looking forward to this event has made me look into many facts that I might have missed ten years ago. Facts and people. Especially people, I seemed to protect with my life, dignity and my loved ones on the front line.

Two months ago:

An email was sent by the Jiang group to every family that was helping the Jiang group to make their company merger possible, except the Wens. And at the end of every email, was an encrypted message, a message that only the people who were named, could read. In my case, it was just me. Not even Wangji.

On reading the message, there were instructions, of something. Something that I didn't understand, but apparently, I was to follow them. Without question that too.

"Brother" I heard a knock on my door.

"Yes, come in." I said, as I closed off the window to make sure the message was not seen.

On my command, the door opened and walked in my brother clad in his usual attire of black and white formals.

"The Jiangs have set on a date for press conference."

"Yes, I have received an email regarding that." I said, while tapping my finger on the glass top table.

"Let the games begin." Wangji said.

-A week later-

"A-Yao, the food is ready." I called out as I set the table along with Jingyi in his cute attempt at trying to help me.

A few minutes went by before I called out for him again. It had been a while that all of us were having dinner together, it was usually one of us who would stay with Jingyi while the other was busy.

Not getting any response from A-Yao, I stood up from the table and gave Jingyi instructions for him to stay calm so that he doesn't panic if we're not in the room. Walking towards our bedroom, I heard his voice from my office.

"NO! This is a suicide mission! It was easy 10 years ago, but doing this now would not only make us the prime suspect but also take down Jin and Wen group together!"

I was standing outside the room, stunned of what was going on. I wanted to not hear anymore of it, but, I couldn't help it.

"Yes. I know, the drugs are on their way,-"

"Wait, what do you mean that's the most you can do?!"

"Listen Wen Chao, your father may have made you a dummy CEO of the Wen group but I am the one running the show here."

"I will destroy the Jiangs!"

I couldn't take anymore of this conversation, my legs were shaking and my throat closing up on me.

Wangji was right, it was Jin Guangyao.