Chapter 23: You're My Happy Ending.

"Are you alright?" Cole asked Jackson and me.

"Yes, I'm okay." Jackson looked at me "you?"

I nodded as I tried not to make eye contact with Cole.

"This isn't over." Alx said as he climbed into Tyler's van, along wit the rest of the crew.

"What he said." Carly agreed as her and her sister piled into their convertible.

"Honey?" Derek said from behind me.

"Hey, Derek." I gave a fake smile.

"Well no black eyes, no busted lip, or bloody nose." Derek chuckled. "No marks. Well, besides that glowing red handprint on your cheek."

"Guess Alx wasn't the one for me." I shrugged.

I wanted to cry. Not because Alx dumped me. Not because he sent Carly and Cameron after me. Not because of anything that happened. Well, kinda. Because of all the shit he put Jackson and I through.

"You okay?" Derek asked.

I saw Cole walking away, towards a park bench beside the dirt he was digging through earlier.

"Mind if I have a word with her?" Jackson smiled.

"Of course." Derek smiled and headed towards the police officer.

"Go talk to him." Jackson said after a minute of silence.

"I'm good." I shrugged.

"Let me ask you something." Jackson scored closer to me. "Do you actually believe Cole said all that about you?"

I thought about it. "I dunno."

"I don't think you do, honestly."

"And whys that?"

"We'll because," Jackson took the handkerchief that he was holding on his nose off, "when you got that text from his phone, even though it was Alx, you came down here. You didn't even know it was Alx. You can't deny your feelings for Cole. You have faith in him."

"I guess your right." I shrugged.

"I know I am."

Here came more silence. I began thinking. I knew Jackson was right. I cared so much, and I couldn't deny it.

"Go talk to him." Jackson nudged my arm.

"Why?"

"Because I know you want too."

"How so?"

"Because" Jackson smiled. "You've been staring at that spot he's sitting at this whole time."

I stood. "Fine."

"Go get 'em, cheetah." Jackson winked.

"You mean tiger?"

"It's tiger?" Jackson asked, shocked. "I thought it was always cheetah."

"No, Jackson." I giggled.

"Can it be?"

"Sure." I smiled.

"You're wasting time! Go talk to him!"

I walked towards Cole. No one said a word. He clearly saw me. I guess it was up to me.

I coughed.

Nothing.

I sighed.

He looked at me.

"Hey, Cole." I gave in.