Chapter Two: Jackson

My first guess was to go to the office. In the room was a long brown average desk and behind it was a heavyset woman talking on the phone with short hair, and glasses. I couldn't see all of her, but I could tell she was wearing a old woman, Sunday morning type of dress.

"May I help you?" She said hanging up the phone.

"Yes, I'm new here."

"Name?" She asked fixing her glasses.

"Megan." I said fixing my Sleeping With Sirens Shirt. "Megan Bennett."

"Oh yes." She said without smiling. "Janice called about you. You're the adopted child."

"Yes." I rolled my eyes.

"Well we will have to call her. She should of came with you." She rolled her eyes in response. "But, here's your schedule, locker number, your code, and your lunch number."

"Thanks." I smiled as she handed me all the papers I needed.

"By the way." She said on my way out. "You might wan to change your hairstyle."

"Or not." I laughed and headed out.

My first period wasn't too hard to spot. Room 47, English. I walked in and of course had to introduce myself. Instantly I tripped over my two feet, and the class roared in laughter.

"Class settle down." The teacher smiled. "Hi, my name is Mrs. Garcia. Introduce yourself."

"I'm Megan." I said, staring at my feet. "Megan Bennett."

"And where are you from?"

"Originally, Chicago. I moved here in The Big Apple when I was five."

"That's really cool." Mrs. Garcia smiled.

"I guess you could say that." I gave a fake smile.

"Okay well," Mrs. Garcia put her hands together, "take a seat right over there."

I sat down next to a girl who I figured out was a stuck up girl named Felicia.

"Are you gothic?" She whispered to me.

"No. Are you a whore?"

"Excuse you?" She said, her green eyes huge.

"You heard me!" I laughed.

"Mrs. Garcia!" Felicia raised her hand.

"Yes Felicia?"

"Megan is being rude!" She protested, with her lower lip out.

"Well she's asking rude and pointless questions." I said slumping in my seat.

"Well how about this?" Mrs.Garcia said flatly. " I give out new assigned seats tomorrow?"

"But Mrs. Garcia?" She whined "you can't move me away from Dylan." She pointed at the tall brunette beside her. He didn't look smart or interested in his surroundings. He just looked like a player, with no big dreams."

"Honey you'll be okay." She rolled her eyes. "Now class, please pick up the book underneath your desk and open to chapter one."

And of course the book I just happened to pick up along with the rest of the class, I had already read.

To Kill a Mockingbird.

As I flipped open to the first page, I felt a pair of eyes watching me. I directed my attention across the room and saw the most godlike creature on Earth. He was beautiful. His bright blue eyes met mine and I gave a little smile. He didn't smile back, he just kind of looked down at his desk in embarrassment.

I couldn't concentrate on the book as Mrs. Garcia read. Not because I've read about the Finch's life before, but because u couldn't stop glancing at the boy across the room. Finally our eyes met again and he smiled. Now, it was my turn to stare down in embarrassment.

Everything about him right now was stunning to me. His bright blue eyes, similar to mine. His dark chocolate brown hair with a few lighter highlights combed back into a style I couldn't place the name of. His batman shirt. His black skinny jeans. His gray Vans. He was amazing to me. And I didn't even know his name.

Eventually the bell rung and it was off to my next class, Spanish.

"You must be the new girl." The stunning Spanish teacher Mr. Comer smiled.

"Yes my name is Megan."

"Okay, Megan well why don't you take a seat next to Alx over there." He pointed to the only available seat in the room. And thank goodness it was in the back.

"Hi." Alx said as I pulled a pencil out of my bag.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Your name Megan?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well mines Alex. A-L-X."

"No E?" I raised my eyebrow.

"No E. " he repeated.

"That's really cool." I smiled.

"By the way," he winked. "You have a great smile."

I looked him over. Brown slick hair, brown eyes. He was wearing jeans, Nike's and a black shirt that had printed 'COOLER THAN YOU' in big white letters.

"Thanks." I finally said.

The rest of the class was spent taking notes and learning new vocabulary words in Spanish. The basic stuff, not too hard.

When the bell finally rung, I closed my notebook and shoved it along with my pencil into my bag.

"Hey?" Alx poked my shoulder. I turned around and he gave me a small piece of paper. Which read his phone number and his name. "Call or text me, anytime."

I quickly walked our and examined my schedule. My third period was room 12, Science.

I walked around the school about three times until just my luck, I ran into someone. Causing both of our stuff to fall right out of our hands.

"Dang it." I mumbled bending down to pick up my stuff.

"Hey calm down it was an accident." A hand handed over my schedule and a couple of ink pens that fell out of my bag. I looked up and instantly recognized the face.

"You might recognize me from English." He said standing up collecting his stuff.

"Yeah." I tried not to smile. "I know who you are."

" where you headed?" He asked politely.

"Uhm," I looked over my schedule. "Room 12."

"Great." He squealed. "Me too, I'll take you there."

"Alright." I said joining his side.

"By the way Megan is it?"

"Yes." I replied.

"I'm Jackson."

"Well, it's great to meet you."

"Same here." He smiled wide.

We walked into science and instantly took a seat. Thank god this teacher was nice enough to not give assigned seats.

I soon found out both Jackson and I had an undeniable passion for science. We loved the subject and did our work ever so neatly and there was no need to take our time. We knew the answers anyway.

When we finished we talked about our lives. Turns out Jackson also used to live in Chicago and knew how stressful it was being the new kid. We also had the same taste in music, and food.

At lunch Jackson introduced me to his friends James, Alicia, Logan, Becky, and Amelia. They were all amazing people who I could see myself being friends with a long time.

"See you sixth period." Jackson said as I walked into History.

Right then and there I knew I made a lifelong friend. Not sure how I knew, it was just a feeling. A feeling I enjoyed.