Chapter 17: Blood & Surprises

After our suspension, Jackson drove me home right away.

"Can I come in?"

"I would but the school probably already called Janice because her car is here. I don't want you seeing what will happen." I placed my hand on top of his.

"Alright. I'm just a call away." He yelled through the window as I got out of his passenger seat.

"Well, well, well." Janice said as I walked in. She was sitting on the couch, watching some cooking show on TV.

"Look I know you're angry-"

"Angry?" She turned around to face me. "Is that what you think I am."

"Well, I know you're not happy."

"I'm upset, Megan!" she stood. "I'm disappointed. I would expect this from Josh, but not you!"

Suddenly the door flung open, and Josh walked in.

"Hello, Josh." Janice smiled. "Did you walk home?"

"Yes, I did." Josh threw his bag on the floor."

"Megan, you could of gave him a ride."

"Jackson was driving me."

"Could of let Josh ride."

"I asked, but Megan told Jackson to keep driving." Josh shook his head.

"He's lying!" I yelled.

"I'm telling the truth." Josh pleaded.

"Bullshit!"

Smack.

I hit the floor as Janice slapped me.

"Now, we will talk more when Derek gets home. For now, I have to go back to work. No sneaking out!"

With that she left.

"You're such a liar." I rolled my eyes.

"Poor baby!" Josh began laughing. "I'm her favorite she'll believe me over anything."

"Yeah, and-"

"And you dear," he places a finger under my chin. "Are no one's favorite."

"What about Derek?"

"He didn't even want to adopt another kid. Him and mom argued for days over it, and mom just wanted a kid for more money."

"You don't know that."

"Oh, I do." He walked into the kitchen and then walked upstairs.

"Now, I'm going to meet up with a friend." Josh opened the front door. "Do not say a word, or I'll do something you'll never forget."

He left and I walked upstairs to my room. I opened the door and realized what he went into the kitchen for.

Beside my bed, laid a knife.

Fool. Who uses knifes?

I grabbed a hammer from a drawer in the kitchen, and went into the bathroom to grab a razor.

Once I beat the blade out, I began to take a bath. I looked at the blade and began thinking of the past two weeks.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I felt the familiar old dead feeling and I knew what I had to do. The sting, didn't bother me. The blood, I was used to that too. But my phone going off was unusual.

Hey, Megan. Mom's mad at me can u come over.

Why must you message me at a time like this, Jackson? I thought. I ignored the text.

Ring ring.

Ignore.

I laid in the bathtub, it felt like forever, when I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Go away."

"Megan?" It was Jackson.

"Jackson, please. Please don't come in."

"Megan, it doesn't matter if you're naked, jeez." He hit his hand on the door. "I seen Josh walking on the streets, and you decide not to answer me. Are you crying? Shit Megan, open up."

"Jackson, do me a favor." I asked.

"Anything."

"Okay, open the door, but don't look."

"Alright." He walked in with his hand over his eyes. "I'm not even interested in women and I have to close my eyes."

"Shut up." I laughed. "Now, under the sink there's a cabinet, and in the cabinet is a robe. Hand it to me."

He handed me a towel.

"I said robe, dammit!"

"Sorry. Can I open my eyes to see in the cabinet?"

"Sure."

He finally handed me my sky blue robe. I slipped it on.

"Okay, you can open your eyes."

After removing his hand from his face, he stood there with his mouth open, not saying anything.

"Jackson, are you okay?"

He shook his head no, and pointed his attention to the bathtub.

Of course, I didn't think to drain the water.

"Is that blood?"

"Jackson, loo-"

"No!" he grabbed my arms, and rolled up the sleeves to my robe. My arms were still bleeding. Bad.

"I'm sorry." I began crying.

"Why?"

"Carly. Cameron. Carlos. Josh. Janice. Cole,"

"Well-"

"Alx."

"Megan," he grabbed my hand. "Do you think Alx is a good boyfriend for you?"

"No." I paused. "Yes. I don't know."

"How about I call Alx and you talk to him?"

"I don't kn.."

"Too late. It's ringing." He was holding his phone up to his ear.

"I'm not talking to him."

"Megan.." He paused. "Yeah, Alx. Hold on."

"No." I stood and shook my head.

"Megan!" Jackson yelled as I walked out of the bathroom door.

He walked into my room as I was searching through my drawer for bandages.

"I told you-"

"Don't worry I hung up." Jackson said as he handed me a roll of gauze.

"I'm sorry."

"For?"

"This!" I yelled. "All this bullshit you've had to go through every since you met me." I fell to the floor, crying.

"Megan." He pulled me up and wrapped me in a hug. "I'm so grateful that I met you. I couldn't survive without you."

"You don't mean it." I shook my head.

"Of course I do." He kissed my forehead. "Of course I do."

"Well, I'm gonna go wrap my arm and put on some clothes."

"Okay love."

After cleaning and bandaging my arm, I slipped on a free hugs t-shirt, shorts, socks, and converse.

"Megan you almost done?" Jackson knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yeah, why?"

"Hurry!"

"What? What's wrong?" I said opening the door.

"There's a fight downstairs."

"What?"