Chapter 3: Bullies

The next two classes were kind of a blur. I didn't really make any new friends I just talked to the ones Jackson introduced me too.

Sixth period, World Civics finally came and Jackson squealed when he seen me making my way through the crowded hallway.

"Come on!" Jackson squealed and grabbed my hand.

We raced through the hall way, and I admit it was pretty fun as Jackson and I were laughing and occasionally Jackson would tell 'MOVE!' We didn't care about the looks we got or the comments for a few minutes.

"Well.." Jackson said bending down to catch his breath. "That was fun."

"Yeah." I smiled while holding my side.

As soon as I walked into the class the teacher, Mr. Turner immediately questioned who I was.

"My name is Megan." I answered without making eye contact to anyone.

"Great." He said hanging me a packet. "You came on a great day."

"Come sit by me!" Jackson patted the seat behind him. I heard a few chuckles but paid no attention.

"Alright." I smiled as I sat down and got out my pencil.

We sat there and answered questions we found in the textbooks about the Declaration of Independence.

"Number twenty-two." Jackson said clicking more led out of his pencil.

"Yay two more." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh calm down, you'll fall in love with this class." He chuckled.

"Oh, I bet." I gave a smile.

"Lookie there." He smiled. "We finished and didn't even realize it."

"Wow." I chuckled as I followed him to turn in our paper.

The class soon ended and Jackson began leading me to out next class, art.

"Hey fag!" Someone yelled.

"Was that towards you?" I asked Jackson.

"Probably." He shook his head. "Ignore it.."

"No." I said following the boy to the other side of the room.

"Excuse me?" I poked him on the shoulder.

He turned around, towering over me blonde hair in his face, hazel eyes, kaki shorts and a Superman shirt.

"Yes?"

"Was that towards Jackson?" I asked angrily.

"Oh that fag?" The guy laughed "Then yes."

"And what's your name?" I asked a little calmer.

" Colby."

"Well Colby, obviously someone needs to teach you a good lesson." And with that, I punched him below the belt and he instantly bent over in pain.

"Hey what's going on?" It was Alx.

"You know him?" I asked.

"Yes." He shook his head. "I've been friends with him since first grade."

"Well he should think before he speaks." I grabbed Colby by his shirt. "If you rat me out, I will do much worse." I ran my finger across my neck.

"You didn't have to do that." Jackson said as I say in front of him.

"No." I smiled placing my hand on top of his. "But I wanted too. You're now my friend Jackson. You're life is more important that mine is to myself. I have to care for you as if you were my own, or as if you were like my brother."

"Thanks." He put his head down and didn't really talk through the entire class.

I knew instantly Jackson had been used to this, but he still got hurt each time. I knew I would have to teach Colby a lesson.