22

"Yes?" I picked up my ringing phone.

"Hi, Hanna, it's Joe. Listen, I know it's hard but can you please come to the studio? We need to talk." Oh great. That was the exactly what I wanted to do right now.

"I guess I don't have any choice?" I asked without hope.

"No, not really. Sorry." He chuckled awkwardly.

"Fine," I sighed. "I'm on my way."

It was 9 o'clock on a Friday morning. Thankfully, Fridays are my free days, so I could go to meet everyone. I didn't want to do that, obviously. Boys were back from USA, I saw it on Instagram and Joe probably wanted us to talk about... all of this shit.

After thirty minutes I was standing outside of a huge building, feeling a bit nervous. What if I lose my strength and start crying? Or what if I get really mad at Reece? Or anyone?

I decided to not show them any weakness and just end it all. My heart was broken but I couldn't show Reece that. I wanted him to regret everything and hurt just as bad as I was. I almost didn't recognise myself, I was so full of anger...

Finally, I came inside and went to the elevator. I knocked on the door where I knew that everyone will be and after hearing come in I did exactly that.

"Hanna..." Reece stood up when he saw me.

"No. Sit down. I'm not talking to you." I said.

"But..."

"Reece, do as she says." Joe said and he sat down with a sad face. "Okay, so, everyone's talking about you, Reece and you, Hanna and that girl, whatever her name is. We have to decide what are we going to do. Press is really interested in that and fans are as well. So, any ideas?"

"Maybe we could say that it was a photoshoot or shooting music video?" George suggested.

"I'm not sure this will work..."

"It's easy what we will do," I spoke up. "We are over and that's it. No need to explain anything to the press. You can just say that they are together or whatever." 

"Hanna..." Reece tried to talk once again.

"Is that all?" I asked. "Okay, bye."

I quickly left the building before anyone could stop me. As soon as I was out in the fresh air, tears came down my face. "Don't cry, stupid." I said to myself whiping my tears away.

After a while I came to my senses and I teleased that I was a bit cruel, not letting Reece explain anything. I made sure that my eyes weren't wet and with a hard heart, I came back to the studio. 

"I still love her, what should I do?" I heard a voice from behind the door.

"Reece, I'm not trying to upset you even more but can you blame her? You've hurt her once already..." I heard another voice. I didn't want to eavesdrop so I opened the door.

"Okay, you have five minutes to explain yourself. After that, I'm gone forever."

"I, uh... Thank you, Hanna. You need to know that I still-" I knew what he was gonna say.

"Don't make this harder. Just say why you did what you did." I tried to not look at him but I couldn't not notice his watery eyes.

"I'm sorry,  I know it was a big mistake and I fully regret doing it... I don't really have any excuse, she found me in NY and basically waited for me in the hotel lobby. I thought that was a coincidence, so I sat down with her to talk when she called me." 

"A coincidence? Really?" I was playing with my hands.

"I swear, Hanna." He said with begging tone. "But I guess it doesn't explain anything. We went upstairs and it just happened..." He looked down at his feet. "Don't you think we could fix this?"

"We? Are you kidding me? There's no we anymore! You decided what's important for you and I respect that. Just... don't try to contact me ever again, okay?" I whispered the last words.

"Hanna, can't you give me second chance?

"It was your second chance!" I shouted.

"Please, forgive me. I'm sorry."

"I did forgive you but I can't do this anymore. Bye, Reece."

When I arrived at my place, I took my suitcase and packed it for about a week. I couldn't stay in this city for now.

***

I rang the doorbell and soon I saw Leon. "Hi, bro." I said almost crying.

"Oh, Hanna..." he pulled me into a hug. 

"Who's that?" I heard my mum. "Hanna! What a surprise! Hey, what happened?" she asked when she noticed my tears.

We came inside and I told her everything. "I'm so sorry, honey."

"It's fine, really. Looks like we weren't meant to be."

"You're so strong." Leon said.

"No, I'm not. I'm heartbroken and-"

"But you are strong enough to tell him to fuck off! You didn't jump at him when he begged you to!"

"Your brother is right," my mum said. "Stop swearing!" she hissed at Leon. "You are so strong." she continued to assure me and I just couldn't stop myself from a light chuckle. 

***

Two years later

I sang the last note with my friends and we bowed to the audience. It was our first university musical. Yep! I made it! I got into the school I always dreamt about. 

It wasn't easy to get over Reece, but I did. Sometimes I followed what was going on with boys' career and I was proud of them, really. They just released their second album and were about to go on tour. 

I didn't have a boyfriend yet, I was learning how to trust men once again. I think that Marcus, my best friend in London, was helpin with that quite a lot. But I was sure that we will always be just friends.

I looked at the audience with a huge smile. I saw my parents, Leon and Flo and waved to them. It reminded me of that school play I did with Reece but this was so much more satysfying.

A girl came to me with a couple of flowers and I thanked her. When I came backstage I noticed a small card attached to the rose. I opened it.

I'm proud of you! R

Instead of feeling pain in my heart, I smiled gently. I was proud of myself as well. Someone coughed behind me and I turned around to notice Reece. "Hi."

"Hey, you. Thanks for coming. It actually means a lot." I smiled.

"You know I couldn't miss that." He said obviously and I laughed.

"So, how are you and boys?" I asked.

"Fine, really fine! Our second album is received well and I'm happy..."

"I'm glad, Reece." I said honestly.

"Yeah, I'm glad that everything seems going well for you." He said quietly.

"Hanna! You were amazing! Oh, hi Reece" Flo jumped at me and hugged me before my parents and Leon came as well.

"Hey, I will go now. You did a great job, bye!" And he was gone.

You might ask what the hell? but it was two years after our breakup. I was feeling down one day that I left Blake and George as well and I called them. Reece came as well and we just... talked. We didn't scream at each other, we didn't argue. We just talked and I knew that I was over him. 

We came together through the storm and survived. Not as lovers, not really as friends. But we were exactly where we were supossed to be.

THE END

author's note

Gosh, guys. I did it, I finished this story... I can't say if I'm happy with it, I need to read it again :D I hope you like it though and I hope you don't hate me for that ending. It's not a sad ending, not really.

Thank you for every read, vote and comment! Love you! x