5

about three years ago

I went to the bathroom and tried to calm down. Suddenly, I found myself in a situation I have never even imagined. I was confused for the past two weeks, actually. First, Reece shows interest in me and a week later I meet Blake? I didn't know how to act because it was all so random to me. Like I said, I was a big ball of confusion.

After half an hour I heard a bell, so I decided it's time to leave the bathroom. I wanted to grab my bag from the classroom where I left it. I looked inside the classroom and, thankfully, only my teacher was there.

"Ah, Hanna. You alright?" She asked.

"Yes, thank you very much." I responded and grabbed my bag.

Now that I had my bag and left the room, I wanted to grab some lunch and talk to Florence. But someone came into my way.

"Can we talk? Please, Hanna..." It was, of course, Blake.

I was still puzzled by him being here but I knew that there was no point in avoiding him. Not if we had classes together.

I just nodded and followed him outside the building to sit at the football pit. He sat down first and I sat far enough for us both to feel comfortable. I looked at him very carefully. His hair was even darker and he was taller. And I have to say, he was much more handsome. I shook my head and took my gaze of him. It was beginning to be super awkward, when he finally spoke.

"I know I fucked up. But I had been away for a year now and I changed a lot. I know that you don't really believe in people changing, but I swear to you, Hanna. I'm not that guy anymore, too much has happened during that year..." He looked really sad and he wasn't even looking at me. Maybe he was too ashamed because he has never been a shy person.

"It's okay." I said and surprised myself. Wait, I wasn't okay just a while ago so what's going on right now? And he was right that I didn't believe in people changing.

Blake eventually looked at me and smiled gently. "Really?" It was his turn to listen to me.

"Well, it was over a year ago, like you said, and I don't really care anymore. I mean, sure, it hurt me and I still don't really trust men, but other than that... it's fine."

Out of nowhere, he hugged me. He always was a hugger, I guess. I hugged him back and we stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Hugging in silence. Me and my exboyfriend. What a strange day, I thought to myself.

"I'm really sorry... I haven't been with any girl since you. It just made me realise some things, you know? And..." I felt like he wanted to tell me something, but it was too hard for him. After all, I knew him.

"You can tell me anything, Blake." I assured him and I really meant it.

He sighed loudly and said "My parents are getting a divorce, so that's why I am back here. My dad is staying in Manchaster and me, my sister and my mum are back."

I didn't see that coming. What was I supposed to do? I knew that he didn't like hearing that everything will be fine, so I simply pulled him in another hug. It felt good, to be honest.

"My dad cheated on my mum and he destroyed our family. I... I can't explain to you how sorry I am, Han." He said into my arm.

"Okay, Blake. We're fine, yeah? I'm not mad at you anymore. I don't know if I can trust you just yet, but remember that we can always talk, okay?" I looked into his dark eyes.