15

about three years ago

I had been waiting outside for Reece for about five minutes until he finally showed up. I was too caught up in my own thoughts to notice anything different about his facial expression, but he for sure noticed my wet eyes.

He came closer, took my hand and made me follow him to his car. I didn't oppose as I didn't have any strength to do so.

"Thank you." I said when we sat in his car.

For the whole ride we were silent. I noticed that Reece was looking at me from time to time, like he wanted to check up on me. I, on the other hand, didn't look at him at all. I was scared that he would read me like an open book.

When we finally arrived, I looked up. "That's not my house."

"No, it's mine."

"What am I doing here, Reece?" I was a bit annoyed.

"George's coming over. You two get along well, right?"

"I only met him once."

"So you will meet him second time today. Come on."

He didn't even give me the opportunity to rebel. He was already at my door, opening it and waiting for me to get out. I sighed loudly and decided that I need to be nicer to him.

"I'm sorry."

"For?"

"Being a dick."

He snorted. "You're not a dick, Han. You can be vag when you want to but basically you're alright."

I couldn't help it and I giggled. "Thanks, Reece. I can always count on you."

"Of course, you can. Why is it even shocking, I don't get it..."

I was feeling a tiny bit better now that I knew he wasn't angry with me. I made him miss the rehersal after all and I felt bad about this. But he didn't seem to care about our play at that moment.

***

I was helping Reece with dinner (homemade pizza) when we heard a ring bell.

"It must be George." He said.

I smiled at that thought. I really liked him at the party but, at the same time, I remembered that we were both pretty drunk then.

I heard them greeting in the hallway and I started to feel a bit awkward. I was having a bad day, okay? I've been crying earlier and I didn't know if George would like sober version of me.

"Well, hello you, my bath partner!"

The whole anxiety disappeared as quickly as it has came. I laughed and went into George's open arms. "Hi, bubble boy."

"Okay, what's going on? Bath partner?" Reece was rather confused.

I looked at George and I knew that he didn't tell Reece neither how exactly we had met.

"You know we met at the party, right? So after that day we started to see each other and we dicovered that we really love taking baths together and..." I couldn't carry on when I saw Reece's face.

He realised that I was messing with him and he groaned loudly. „I told you, you can be a vag!"

"Oi, excuse me!"

"Hey, don't say that about my bath girlfriend!"

"I thought I was your bath partner!" It was George'a turn to get yelled at.

"Yeah, right, sorry. I confused you with other girl..." He said and I smacked his head.

"I'm starting to regret having you both in here." Reece has already gave up.

We just laughed and told Reece the true story. He was having a bit of laugh but well, it was a funny story. Except the fact that I almost told him that night that I liked him and George knew about this... but we skipped this part of the story.

Suddenly, the oven has made a noise to let us know that the pizza is ready. "Food time!" Reece shouted and we all went into kitchen.

***

"Thanks, Reece. Really, you made my day not that awful." I told him when he was driving me home in the late evening.

George was already in his train back home. It was Monday and all of us had school the next day, sadly.

"I'm glad." He said. "Okay, here we are."

He got out of a car with me and hugged me. He smelt so good, Jesus...

"Wait." He said when I wanted to release myself from his arms. "I'm not done hugging you."

I smiled to myself and lied my head on his arm. I could get used to it, you know? I felt so good with him beside me. He made me believe more in myself and supported me, no matter what. He even resigned from todays rehersal to make sure I don't sit alone and feel shitty about myself.

"Hey, why are you crying?"

"I'm not." I said and let him wipe my tears away.

"Hanna?"

"I'm sorry! I just started to think how much you help me when I'm feeling down and how you make me laugh everyday. I don't want to cry in front of you anymore."

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

"I know you missed... wait, what?" I looked at him with my eyed widened when I realised what he have just said.

"No, wait. I know I'm falling in love with you." He smiled shyly at me.

"I... uh, you have me speachless..."

"I'm not saying it, so you have to say it back, okay? I'm just telling you how I feel and I would love it if you did the same thing."

I smiled at him. "You know how I feel, don't you?"

"I really don't. Why won't you say it?" Okay, now he was teasing me.

"I'm falling in love with you too, dickhead."

"Wow, so I tell a girl I like her and I'm a dickhead?" He pretended to be offended.

"Yes! You have that strange habbit of telling those things when I don't expect them at all and..."

I was quieted down by Reece's lips. "Fuck."

"Are you alright?" He laughed.

"Hell I am!" I said and kissed him once more.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist when you basically told me why you adore me so much..."

"Dickhead."

"Thats getting boring, don't you think, Hanna?"

"No."

After that I left him at the front of my house. I was smiling like crazy until I fell asleep.

author's note
Here we are! Kinda cute but short idk tell me what you think! Remember to leave a comment and vote ❤️ Oh and 3K reads, you guys... I cannot thank you enough ❤️