11

about three years before

I left Reece in that kitchen and hidden in the bathroom. I made sure to lock the door and then I looked in the mirror and washed my face.

"You're so stupid, Hanna." I said to my reflection in the mirror.

"I don't want to disturb you but the bath is mine. Just so you know." I spun around and saw a blonde guy I've never seen before. His presence has taken me aback and I screamed.

"Woah, woah, woah!" He tried to calm me down.

"You're not Noah Centineo, are you?" I asked after I had turned around and put my hands on my eyes, so I couldn't see him.

The boy giggled. "No, I'm George. And you..?"

"Hanna. Sorry for interrupting your, uh... bath." I was a little bit embarassed. There was a guy in the bath, after all and he was probably naked! "But you could have locked the door, you know?"

"I'm too drunk for that. You can look at me though, I have bubbles." He said in a childish tone and I did as he said. He tried to blow some bubbles in my way but it landed at his own head. "Damn it, it wasn't as impressive as I wanted it to be." He chuckled sheepishly.

I snorted and sat at the closed toilet. "I kinda like you." I said.

"But you like someone else more, right?" He stopped playing with the bubbles and looked straight at me.

"How do you know? I mean, you're drunk..."

"And so are you." He laughed looking at the bottle in my hands. "So, now that you admitted that there is someone, tell me, who's he?"

Well, he wasn't wrong. On the way to the bathroom I grabbed my bottle and now there wasn't much wine left. My dad would be proud, I guess. As long as I didn't throw up, at least.

"His name's Reece. We take part in the school play together." I said resigned. Why was I telling him that? I didn't know him but I felt like I can trust him. Or I was really drunk.

"Bibby?" He asked.

I looked at him petrified. "You know him?"

"Yeah, me, Reece and his mate Blake have just started a band. I'm PJ's cousin, he got us all in touch." He explained.

That made so much sense. That's why Reece and Blake wanted to spend some much time on their own. Well, now probably with George as well.

"They didn't tell me." I said kinda sad. I wanted them to trust me and tell me about something as big as this news.

"Well, now you know." He shrugged. "So, I won't tell Reece anything, it's your choice. But I think you should." He said.

"You're kinda smart for a drunk kid in a bath with bubbles." I said and smiled at him.

"Of course I am! But the bubbles are disappearing. I don't want to throw you away, but please, get out." He said with a serious face.

I just laughed and opened the door. "Thanks, George. See you around."

I felt a little bit better after that talk with George. I finished my wine and I noticed that I was, in fact, a bit drunk. Shit. I couldn't tell Reece anything in that state, so I tried to find Florence but, just my luck, she was nowhere to be seen.

Everything was becoming blurry and then I saw Reece. I tried to reach him but I slipped on spilled drink and fell right into his arms.

"Shit, I'm so sorry!"