16

"Yes!"

"Not again..."

Me and Blake exclaimed at the same time. I was winning at beer pong with him. I just managed to throw ball into a cup at his side of the table.

"Why are you so good at this?" Blake asked while looking reluctantly at his cup.

"I have a brother."

"Isn't he younger than you?"

"Just a year, so we're basically the same age. Now drink up, I'm watching you, Wazowski." I stuck my tounge at him.

He took his cup to his mouth and suddenly put it down. "You say Wazowski weirdly, you know?"

"I'm Polish, you moron. You're saying it weirdly. Drink!"

"Oh, I didn't know that it's a Polish surname..."

"Jesus, just drink it, Blake!" I was getting impatient so I came on his side of the table and gave him his cup.

"You really like winning, don't you?" He grinned.

"And you really can't stand losing! Just drink it, for fuck's sake!"

"Or what?"

What I did next maybe wasn't the best idea ever, but let me remind you, I was  already drunk. So I spilt his drink on his head. At first, I was a bit shocked that I actually did it but after two seconds I started to laugh like crazy. It was his face, its expression was priceless.  People around us started to laugh as well when they noticed what has just happened.

"You're so dead!" Blake shouted and started to chase me.

I squeaked and started to run through the crowd and outside to the garden. Unfortunatelly, he was much faster than me. He caught me and we both fell down on the grass.  Thankfully, it wasn't cold enough to be snowy or we would freeze immediately.

I laughed and then I noticed that I was actually laying down on Blake. I wanted to get up but he stopped me.

"Hanna..." he whispered and grabbed my hand.

I looked at our hands with confusion but even though my mind was screaming, I couldn't say anything. Maybe because it was cold as hell. Even alcohol in my bloodstream didn't stop me from getting cold. Or Blake's proximity. Maybe garden wasn't the best idea after all.

I noticed that Blake started to lean in and I finally had enough power to do something. I pushed him away and somehow managed to get up.

"No, Blake, you can't do this shit anymore!" Without even looking at him, I took a blanket from the porch, sat at the bench and made a burrito out of myself. "Do you have a cig?"

He was just standing there, probably thinking about what he has almost done. My question must have brought him back though as he sat down next to me. I gave him a bit of my blanket and he gave me a cigarette with a lighter.

"You're wet, you're gonna get cold." I told him while trying to light up my cigarette.

"I didn't notice." He said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, it's just a beer."

"Well, for that too, but I meant something else."

"Like what?" He asked confused. "I should be sorry for almost kissing you..."

"I'm sorry for using you. You know, sleeping with you and all."

He looked down and nodded his head. "I thought we already talked about this?"

"Yeah, I mean, not really?" I wasn't sure myself. I sighed loudly and put my head on his arm. "I was mad then and I didn't even apologise. Not really. So, I'm sorry. It should've never happened. And I'm sorry I can't love you back. And shit, Blake, I don't know what to do because I haven't told Reece about this and it's eating me alive..."

"What's eating you alive?" I sat straight and pushed myself off of Blake when I saw Reece standing in front of us. "I've been looking for you."

I smiled. "I couldn't find you neither, so I played beer pong with Blake. I won of course." I grinned and luckily Reece did too. I made him some space and patted the place in the middle of me and Blake for him to sit.

"I'm actually gonna go inside, someone spilt beer on me." Blake said and before I could kill him with my glare, he was gone.

I noticed Reece and his asking look. "Long story short, I won, he didn't want to drink his beer so I made him." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're violent when you're competing." He laughed. "Come on, it's almost midnight." He said and I noticed that more and more people were getting outside. "You need your jacket, pancake."

"It's burrito." I corrected him.

"Oh I'm sorry, burrito."

"It's okay, not everyone can appreciate a true piece of art." We both laughed and then I remembered what I was talking about with Blake. "Reece, I need to tell you something though."

"Hanna, it's five to midnight, you can tell me later, okay?" He got up and waited for me to grab his hand.

I sighed quietly and decided to tell him later. He was so happy about the new year and I was about to destroy it all... or maybe he would understand? We weren't together at that time but still, Blake was his best mate...

I tried to stop overthinkg, took his hand in mine and we quickly went in for our jackets. On our way outside we grabbed a drink and then found us a nice place to look at the fireworks.

"Three! Two! One! HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Thousands of colorful lights were spread across the whole dark sky. I loved this view.

"Happy New Year, Hanna." Reece smiled and we kissed.

"Happy New Year."

author's note

Hello everyone!

It was supposed to go up way way way earlier but I'm in a strange place right now when it comes to my mental health so yeah... it's not the longest but I hope you don't mind and still enjoy it xx