7

about three years before

It was Monday and I couldn't wait to see Reece again. We texted for a whole Sunday and I really liked him. He was funny, caring and acted like a gentleman, what's not to like?

I also talked with Florence for a few hours on facetime. I was acting a little bit weird towards her lately and I had to explain myself and tell her everything. She was already shipping me with Reece and I found it kinda funny. It was definitely too early to say if anything could happen but I didn't deny any possibilities. Not anymore.

Today was also the first rehersal for our play. I was excited, to say the least. I was heading toward the auditorium after my classes when I saw Blake. I smiled at him and came closer.

"Hey you, you're not going home?" He asked me.

"No, I got the role in the school musical. I'm just going to rehersal." I said all smiley.

"Well done, Han." He smiled as well. He sounded genuine and I appreciated that when suddenly, in the corner of my eye I saw familiar person coming towards us.

"Hey, guys." Reece said. Blake looked at him a little bit suspicious. "Are you going to rehersal?" He asked looking specifically at me.

"Yes, shoot, we gotta go." I said while looking at the time. "See you later, Blake!" I quickly hugged him and followed Reece.

"So, that's the famous Blake?" He asked when we were far enough for Blake not to hear us. He was trying so hard to sound casual.

"Yes. Actually, I think you guys would get on. Blake plays a guitar, you know? You told me you play as well." I was trying to ignore his tone from a second ago and pretend I didn't notice anything weird.

"Yeah, who knows..." I wasn't sure what was his problem so I decided to ignore it.

Thankfully, we were already entering the auditorium. Mrs. Clarke ran to us and hugged us taking me aback. "Ah, guys, this is gonna be something special! With both of you and your voices..." At the same time someone shouted her name and she vanished as quickly as she has appeared.

I looked at Reece and we laughed. "Looks like it's really going to be special."

***

After two hours we were free. We mainly read through the script and learned some of the songs. The play was supposed to be staged at the end of this semester, so we had a little bit of time.

Me and Reece had two songs together as a duet and a couple more with other people. I was really happy to be a part of this play, I loved music theatre.

I also realised that it was the first time that I've heard Reece's singing voice and let me tell you, he was amazing.

"Hey, do you have time or are you going home?" I immediatelly stopped thinking about his voice when he came to me.

"Why? You have someting on your mind?" I knew he wanted to hear a simple 'yes', but that was much more interesting.

"Actually, yes. I thought we could go to mine place and practise our songs?" He asked with a smile.

I pretended to think about it and I noticed that it actually made Reece a little bit anxious. I chuckled and said "Don't look so terrified, of course I will go with you."

He released the air he was holding and chuckled as well. "Good, let's go then. I have a guitar and everything, so it should be easy."

We left the building together. I arrived today with Florence, but because of our rehersal I would have to take a bus, if it wasn't for Reece and his car. I sat at the passenger seat and fastened my seat belts.

***

It was six o'clock when we were finished. Reece's voice was so great that I couldn't focus for the first minutes, but after all I thought that we sounded amazing together. Even though he was so much better than me.

Reece decided to walk me home, not drive. It wasn't that far away so I didn't mind. And it was a really warm evening.

"Reece, can I ask you something?" Suddenly I felt the need to ask him about one thing.

"Sure. What's up?"

"Were you telling the truth when you said that you had been watching me playing for a while?" I didn't know what came over me, but I felt like I needed to know that.

It was literally a second time when I saw him being a bit embarrassed. "Well, yeah."

"Can I ask why?"

"Because your voice is amazing." He quickly changed his embarrassed face to the one I knew the best. He was so confident most of the time that it was shocking to me.

"I'll take that." I said. "Thanks by the way, I really like your voice as well." I added and smiled at him.

There was a minute of silence before he asked me "What's your biggest dream?"

"Okay, just don't laugh at me, all right?" I wasn't sure what would he say, because some people thought this is a terrible and crazy idea.

"I promise." I looked at him and he looked really sincere.

"I would love to go to the University and study a Musical Theatre. And later perform on a real stage." I finally said.

"I think that's definately what you should do after school." He smiled.

"Thanks" I smiled back at him. "So, what's your biggest dream?"

"I wanna be a musician. Release my music and tour around the world... but your plan is rather more realistic than mine." He chuckled.

"Hey, don't say that! I've heard you today and I loved your voice."

"I thought you said that you liked it?" When he said it like that, I felt kinda embarrassed.

"Maybe I lied."

"So you like me or love me?" The confident Reece was back.

"I like your voice." I said and showed him a tounge.

Little did he know that I actually loved it.

author's note

A little shorter one (and kinda boring) like at the beginning but that's because I'm not at home for this week :)
We are at 600 reads whoop whoop! Thank you for everything and remember to comment/vote :)
Hope to see you soon xx