Chapter 60: Sharp Words Cut Deep, Dear

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) laid down on her bed as she tried to calm her frustrations. She had never intended to lash out at the males, but she couldn't take their constant smothering and the anger bubbling within her released itself. She had known it was better to keep it inside, lest the boys do something violent to either herself or someone else, but it wasn't as easy to do as it sounded. Haru and Takuya never stopped touching her or demanding attention and Rei's constant teasing was enough, but with Akari's behavior as of late, she couldn't take it.

She growled, burying her head underneath a pillow and screaming her frustrations out. The pillow didn't do much to mask the cry, but it gave her some small semblance of peace, knowing she could take her frustrations out on the inanimate object despite it not having ears. Then again, it wasn't enough to let it all out, some of her rage still boiling within her. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door and snapped at it.

"Leave me be!" she growled, hearing a guilt-ridden pause after she yelled.

"I have something for you," Shota said quietly, "I think you'll like it."

(Y/n) turned her head away, refusing to hear what he had to say. Taking the silence as just that, Shota let out a frustrated breath and unlocked the door, stepping through. He closed the door behind him but he didn't make any moves towards her. He just remained where he was although he did toss the key to the girl. She didn't try to catch it, but let it fall by her head, uncaring of what it was.

"I'll let you see Narahashi," he said, a fit of jealousy buried in his words, "All you have to do is find the lock to the key."

"I'm not playing your game," (Y/n) said angrily, throwing a pillow at him.

The male dodged the pillow easily, only having to lean his head slightly to the right. He found her actions to be predictable, but irritating nonetheless. He watched as the girl observed the key he'd gifted her, hoping she would come to her senses. Yet she only tossed it back, rejecting it and crushing the redhead's spirit.

"You were the first one I met," she said, a disgusting taste in her mouth as she spoke, "The first one I thought of as my friend."

"I never wanted to be your friend!" the boy yelled, waving his arm around in an almost violent manner, "How dense did you have to be to ignore my feelings?! But I...digress. Just...you know the others. Make an effort to know me."

"Make an effort to treat me like a human being," the girl snapped.

The redhead felt so angry but at the same time so thrilled to be able to have an argument and not win it. He gave a loving sigh and chuckled, stepping forward to place his hand on the bed next to the girl's hand. She took it back, making him grin wider and he sat down next to her. Even as she stood up and sat on the other side of the room, he found an excitement within the action and laid down on the bed.

"You're so...bothersome," he sighed, running his hand down his body, "Why is it that I love it so? It thrills me to no end. It's...addicting."

The girl did her best to ignore the male, but when he began to whimper and groan, she wasn't able to take it. She stood up and slammed the door to the bathroom in an attempt to shut his voice out. While it worked, not long after, he opened the door and appeared more composed than he was a moment or two ago. He had a bashful expression across his features, feeling more than a semblance of guilt for what he'd done in front of her.

"I...um...," he said, trying to figure out what to say, "That...wasn't like me. I apologize. You just...you make it hard to control myself when I'm around you. And I try my best to keep myself a perfect gentleman, too."