Part 19

19
Nari

"Good morning"
I whispered looking at Mo. I had just waked in the house, Jordyns car seat in my hand. I was so hurt yesterday that I couldn't stay at the house.

"Where you was?"
He looked me up and down before making eye contact with me. He had dark circles under his eyes and looked exhausted. I almost felt bad.

"I went to my moms at first then went to Trey and Darius' house". Nodding his head he stood from the couch walking towards me. He grabbed Jordyns car seat and put it on the ground before looking back at me.

"I love you Nar. I know I been all over the place these past few months and I apologize". He grabbed my waist looking me in my eyes. I stared at him trying to find a little truth behind them but couldn't.

"Yeah." I did a small smile before bending down to get Jordyn out her car seat. I loved Maurice to death, he was all I knew. I know he would never do anything to harm be but I felt our feelings were one sided.

"What's wrong baby?" I stood up cradling Jordyn while staring in his eyes. Shaking my head I gave him a fake smile while walking towards Jordyns room.

"Nar". Maurice called my name. Ignoring him I walked into the nursery. Sitting in the rocking chair in here I looked down at my daughter. I loved her more than anything, she was my biggest blessing.

"Nari, why you acting like this man?" Maurice walked into the room staring at me.

"You say you love me, and apologize but you're going to keep doing whatever you're doing. I don't have time for the fake apologies Mo, it's tiring." I continued to rock looking down at Jo. I was trying to put her down so I could get some things straightened.

"What the hell you talking about man? You buggin" Maurice looked me up and down. I only nodded ignoring him. I wasn't about to pick a fight with him.

"Okay Mo"

*

"I don't know he left." I replied to my dad who had called asking where Mo was. After our talk in Jordyns room earlier he left.

"If you hear from him tell him call me." I replied telling him I would before hanging the phone up.

Going back to watching Greys Anatomy I started thinking about my future with Maurice. I knew I wanted to be with him for the long run I just hoped he did too.

Knock Knock Bang

I instantly had a shiver go down my spine. Something wasn't right, I could feel it. Standing up I dragged my feet to the door staring at it. Slowly going to grab the door knob I twisted it before another loud knock came followed by a female voice.

"Open up Maurice!"