Part 14

Part 14

Nari

One Month Later

"Wake Up it's your big day"

Kenya nudged me. Groaning I rolled to my other side while rubbing my huge belly. I was officially eight months today. It was the beginning of June and mine and Mo's baby shower.

"Ken just a few more minutes I'm exhausted."

I begged. I was up all night with my mom and Mo's step mom, Alicia, doing last minute prep for the shower. It was outside at the venue for my dad's new club. He didn't break ground yet so everyone thought that would be the perfect location.

"No now! Mo already has your bath ready and your outfit is hung up. You have to get your hair and make-up done by Zariah soon so get up and get ready"

She snatched the covers off me while she went on and on. I was mentally and physically drained. I was ready for my baby to be here and finally start my future with Mo.

"Fine"

I rolled my eyes while dragging my feet to mine and Mo's bathroom. We had moved in a few weeks ago. We got a two bed two bath condo in Metairie, New Orleans. Mo wanted to be in a safe place and it was only thirty minutes from home so I agreed.

"Hurry up Nar, you have twenty minutes till Zee is here"

~

"You look beautiful baby"

Madear kissed my cheek while rubbing my belly. I was in a white sheer top, and cream lace shorts. Not my first outfit decision but since I'm getting bigger every week, it seems like, my white dress I picked didn't fit.

"Thanks Madear, have you seen Maurice?"

Since I've been here I haven't seen him. All I wanted was his attention while I vented to him about my dress.

"Naw, he was here earlier till he said he had to go run and pick some up"

I nodded my head while going to sit on the swing behind her.

"My feet are killing me"

I moaned while looking at my swollen sausage like feet. Pouting and looking down at them the swing started moving.

"Hey baby girl"

Darius smiled sitting next to me. Giving him a small smile I continued looking at my feet. My body changed drastically throughout my whole pregnancy except my feet, until today.

"You want a foot massage?"

Darius grabbed my left foot sliding my sandal off and beginning to massage my foot.

"Have I ever told you that I love you?"

He laughed nodding while continuing to massage my foot. Not too long after Trey was on the other side massaging my other foot. In this moment I was grateful for the two of them. They get on my nerves twenty-four seven but I wouldn't trade them for the world.