Untangling

Anna cupped your cheeks and leaned in as close as she could until your noses touched but without your lips having contact.

She whispered, "Stay still. Don't move."

You were confused but obliged anyway. After a few seconds, she let you go. When she peeked at where Elsa was hiding, the latter wasn't there.

She looked back at you and said. "Just a head's up, Elsa's gonna be mad at you. But please be patient. Now I know she likes you. And if you need help, just find me!"

She gave you a wink then waved and left you dumbfounded.

"What is she talking about?" You shook your head and went back inside the castle to look for Elsa.

-------

At Elsa's room….

The room was icy cold. The walls and floor were frozen. On the bed, Elsa lied. Her eyes were sore from crying.

You tried to knock but the coldness stung your knuckles so you immediately withdrew.

"Elsa? Are you in there?" She didn't answer. "Is something the matter?"

"Go away." She answered, her voice was hoarse.

"Please let me in. Melt your ice a little. It hurts."

"Why don't you do it yourself!? It seems to me like you can do anything you please! You'll do what you want without thinking of my feelings!" She answered angrily.

"I don't know what you're talking about Elsa." You lit your hand on fire and started melting the ice at the door.

"Don't play dumb. You said it wasn't Anna!"

"Anna? What does she have to do with this?"

Elsa noticed the room temperature changed. She stood up and went for the door. She touched it and felt the warmth. She wanted to give in and embrace your warmth but decided against it. Instead, she used her powers to cool the door again. You noticed this and you caressed the place on the door where the coldness originates.

"Elsa. I don't know why you're being like this but let me just tell you. This is the first time I've seen Anna. So whatever it is you're thinking about us, it isn't true. There has to be an explanation."

Silence answered you. Your powers and hers fought for dominion over the door. Hot and cold waves through. You stopped before the door breaks and it freezes back instantly.

"If you won't talk to me, if you don't want to listen and give me a chance to explain myself, then fine. Suit yourself," you said and left.

On the other side, Elsa saw the door freeze. She gasped and set her ear on it to listen but the silence was the only thing she heard. She slid down the door and sat, her tears began to flow again.

"Why am I feeling this?" she asked herself.

-----

You stomped through the castle looking for a certain redheaded queen. You found her in the kitchen stuffing chocolates in her mouth. Her cheeks were puffed up like a kid. Your anger dissipated seeing this.

"Halt, intruder! That is a heinous crime you're committing!" You said in your best soldier-like voice.

Anna was so surprised, all the chocolate she held fell. She tried arranging her clothing which only made more mess and dirtied it. She coughed. The remaining sweets in her mouth choked her.

You laughed at her antiques and made your way to her. You held her shoulder and tapped her back.

"Easy there sweetie." You got her some water and made her drink it.

She turned around and saw it was you.

"Oh my god! You scared me!" She punched you lightly.

You laughed at how she looked. Her face was smeared with chocolate.

"That's not very queenlike your majesty." You teased.

She pouted at you. You got her some tissue and cleaned her face. She stared at you, admiration written on her face. Once you're done, you threw away the dirty tissues in the bin.

"Let's go," she said.

"Go where?" you asked.

"To Elsa. We've got some explaining to do!" You saw her determination.

"No."

"What!? Are you giving up on her? I've waited years and never given up and look where it led us! You shouldn't leave her now! Especially now that I'm sure she has feelings for you!"

"I mean no, we're not going anywhere with you looking like that. If someone sees you, just imagine what could happen."

She glanced at herself and saw how messy she looked.

"Oh, your right." she chuckled. "What do I do now?"

"I know." You went for the exit and looked around the halls. "The coast is clear. I'll be your lookout. Come on. I'll protect you with my life, my queen."

You saluted. She laughed at your childish act and followed you.

You ran through halls and stairs, hid in corners, curtains, and even in armors when someone's coming.

You both were a laughing mess when you reached the entrance of her room. Anna had her back on it, while you put one of your hands on the door by the side of her head, panting. When the two of you stopped laughing, you noticed your positions. You looked at each other, blushed, and stood straight, laughing awkwardly.

"I should-"

"You better-"

You both said at the same time.

Anna laughed and said. "I should be going inside."

"Yes, you should." You answered. "Go put on a different attire."

Anna entered her room. She closed the door and leaned her back on it. She sighed and held onto her chest.

"This is so wrong. Very, very, wrong." Then she went and changed her clothing.

-----

You waited outside her door. After a few minutes, Anna came out wearing clean clothes.

"Should we get going?" She asked you.

"Sure. Let's go."

She walked ahead of you to where Elsa is.

-----

I know this Elsa x reader but Anna seems so cute lol.

maybe I'll make an alternate story where you end up with Anna (○ε○)

Well, who do you like more? Anna or Elsa?