Twenty-three

I ran to the old familiar territory, the familiar smells that I had tried to push out of my mind filling my senses. I got there in about 20 minutes, a little early. I sat in the flower field, closing my eyes and thinking about everything. 

What could Alex possible want to talk about? What if he has turned on me for some reason. 

"Ellie" I heard the familiar voice call out from behind me. 

I gave him a small smile, quickly checking his aura. It looked calm and excited, not threatening thought a little nervous and secretive. I noticed the smell of the pack on him now, they must have let him join.

"Hey Alex, what's up?" 

"Thanks for coming, I just wanted to talk to you a bit, I know some things you might want to hear." 

I nodded and invited him to sit with me as I marveled at this gorgeous yellow dandelion that was growing next to me. 

"How did you get here so fast? Were you nearby?" 

"No, I'm a pretty good runner, but that's not important. Are you settling well here? Are they being nice to you?" 

"Right, well they've been amazing to me. They're so nice and they've given me a room and let me join their pack." 

I smiled, thankful he was happy. 

"That's amazing Alex." 

"Ya, all thanks to you."

I just smiled, touching one of the flowers gently stroking its petals. 

"Look, I've asked around about you." 

I looked at him confused, the smile dropping off my face a little and my body tensing. He looked a little nervous and I checked his aura to confirm my thoughts. 

"I figured out what happened between you all and I thought you should know." 

I don't think I could take the heartbreak again. I didn't want to hear this. I couldn't handle the rejection again. 

"Look, Alex, I don't want to hear this I-"

"No please, you need to hear it. Please." 

How could I say no now??? 

I sighed giving him the go ahead. 

"Okay so I talked to them all and they don't resent yo for anything you did specifically. They said you were always sweet and forgiving and you helped Sarah overcome a lot when she got here. Thank you so much for that by the way. But, they said while you were here they couldn't help but notice how powerful you were. They said you were abused as a child which is why you never had the chance to thrive but in that environment you were really becoming powerful." 

I sighed, nodding, still confused, trying to hold the tears back. Positivity. I will not be weak. Never again. 

"They told me that you managed to throw Alpha Jack across the room without a second thought, they said you could heal from extreme wounds that should kill within a day if not less. They said after one of the most painful things in life, rejection from you mate, you just got up and carried on with life. Each of these things should scar a person for life. 

They started to become a little nervous around you. Every time Jade accidentally hurt you everyone was terrified that you'd try to get her back for it or something and if you did, no one could control you. They were scared. You're so powerful. You don't even flinch when someone stabs you or poisons you."

"I can't feel pain anymore." I informed him. "Its not something I like to broadcast but it seems like you should know." 

He looked shocked for a second.