Twenty

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." 

– Robert Schuller

I knocked on Amos's door and immediately heard a "Come on in

I knocked on Amos's door and immediately heard a "Come on in." 

I opened the door to reveal a smiling Amos and Daisy. They looked pretty creepy, standing side by side with unnaturally large smiles pulling their lips. 

I took a seat at the small round table they were sitting around and crossed my legs, trying to get comfortable in the uncomfortable, tension-filled silence. 

"Well, its safe to say that your results were shocking, but they do make a lot of sense." Amos started when I got comfortable, "Your aura is very strong and peaceful.  We're setting up a training schedule so we can teach you how to use your powers of mind reading, aura reading and mind tricks, but unfortunately, since none of us have any experience with it, we can't help with the time control. It should come to you itself though, don't worry." Amos explained. 

"My mother also told me that you'll be taking over her flower shop during the few weeks we'll be gone, we're going to visit some family down in Europe, they've been having some problems with witches breaking into their village. "

Daisy noticed my slightly confused expression and took over, "Witches are the only beings powerful enough to see through and even break a white stag's powers. However, they've been pretty occupied problems with humans trying catch and burn them the past few centuries to bother with trying to catch, us so it hasn't been a problem until now."

I nodded my head in understanding. 

"We have trainers that will meet with you every day." Amos continued, "You'll work on aura reading first, once you've mastered it, you'll move onto mind reading, then finally you can advance to brain tricks. With your strong numbers you'll probably be able to master all three before we get back. We're leaving in about an hour actually, you should head down to the flower shop and prepare to take over right about now, I'll send Jeremiah, your trainer down to the flower shop and you can talk about schedules and stuff then. I should probably go pack, it was nice seeing you" With that Amos stood up, giving Daisy and I a quick hug before going on his way. 

Daisy had to get back to work so I went down to the flower shop to take over. 

As soon as I got there Rose met me outside with a huge smile. 

"I heard about your scores, I knew you were special but wow." She chuckled, her voice raspy but somehow simultaneously smooth. 

I blushed a little, unsure of what to say, I wasn't exactly used to getting compliments. "Thank you." I mumbled quietly. 

Awkward little shit.

"No problem honey, here." She said handing me a bag. I took it a little confused and opened it to see it completely filled with golden coins. There was probably 5 million US dollars worth of coins in here. I looked back to her shocked.