Sixteen

The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward."

– Steve Maraboli

After a few more hours of rest I left the hospital, feeling good as new

After a few more hours of rest I left the hospital, feeling good as new. I only had 8 months left to live and I wasn't going to waste them.

I let myself have the one night of weakness but now I'm back and better than ever, POSITIVITY!

I went straight to my room and packed up all my stuff.

I may not have felt much physical pain but I sure as hell got my fair share of psychological pain from this place. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized that even if all of the shit that went down hadn't, I'd still leave.

I can't let anyone get attached to me. That would be beyond selfish. I couldn't do anything more than hook-ups and short, easy friendships.

I decided to do my rounds and say a proper goodbye to everyone. At this point they all probably knew I was dying and, realistically, this could be the last time I ever seem them. I started with Chris and Jade who were sitting and cuddling in the living room.

I sat on the sofa across from them with a big smile on my face.

"Hey guys, I just wanted to come say bye. I'm leaving today and this, well, it may be the last time I see you guys. I just want you both to know I only want the best for you guys. You've both been amazing, and I appreciate you both so much. I hope when you have children, you tell them stories about their Auntie Ellie, just maybe leave out the whole rejected, abused, deformed, dying bounty hunter thing. " I added with a smile, trying to make light of the situation.

"Look Ellie, I'm so sorry-" They both said at the same time but I stopped them by raising my head, a soft smile still resting on my lips.

"There's no need, all is forgiven and I hope one day you'll be able to forgive me for hurting Sarah. It was never my intention and I will live with that guilt for the rest of my life. I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you for being so amazing to me."

They both got up and gave me hugs, Jade shed a single tear but I wiped it from her cheek and smiled. "Do not cry over me, please don't waste your tears."

I didn't want any of this to drag on any longer than it needed to, so I left the room, leaving the two adorable mates in each other's arms.

Next I found Jack and Jas in the kitchen.

"Alpha Jack, Luna Jasmine." I bowed my head a little.

"I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you again for letting me stay here and showing me so much kindness. I hope one day to return the favor, you have eight months I would start thinking!" I tried to joke but they were not having it.