Tests of Tests pt.2

Akira p.o.v
"You answer will be either number 1 or 2. Any other answer will be considered incorrect." She explains further. I grin. This is going to be easy!
"Hold on!" Protests Leorio loudly. "All four of us share one question? So if one of them answers incorrectly, I'm disqualified, too?"
"As if that would happen!" Kurapika crosses his arms defiantly.
"What scares me the most is the high likelihood of the vice versa happening." I snort and cover my mouth quickly. A vein in Leorio's head pops up.
"But you know...This way's easier, since only one of us needs to know the answer. I'm not good at quizzes." Gon rubs his head, like he's embarrassed to admit it.
"Besides...It's only one question, right? We can do this!" I give them a sweet smile. I hope I don't fuck things up.
"I suppose..." Adds Kurapika.
"Fair point." Says Leorio slowly, like he's still progressing it.
"Hey, there. Hurry it up. Or else I'll answer the question first." A new, cocky voice joins our conversation. Yup, that boy finally decided to show his face.
"Who are you?"
"He followed us, because he eavesdropped our conversation with the Captain." I cross my arms, my mood has become a little sour.
"Huh?" Seriously?"
"Sorry, girly. I just happened to overhear your conversation." He shrugs, not in the slightest bothered by it. "What will you do?" Asks the woman again.
"He seems eager to take it. We should let him go first. That way we'll know what kind of question we can expect." Comments Leorio, also shrugging.
"I don't mind."
"I have no objections."
"Then I'll get to it." When he walks past me, he gives me a smirk and winks. Okay....I laugh awkwardly. Weirdo.
"Here is your question." She starts as the boy stands for a wooden quiz table?
"Evil villains have captured your mother and lover. You can only save one. Select 1 for your mother, or 2 for your lover. Which will you save?" I cross my arms and shake my head. Who would I save?
"H-How is this even a quiz?" My mother...or my lover? The boys hits the button. I don't even know my mother, but...I have only one mother....No, actually I don't.
"The answer is 1." Family isn't bound with blood.
"Oh? Why do you say that?" And if I had a lover... I would love him/her very much while I don't even know my mother like I said.
"Because you can't replace your mother. But you can find another lover." Is his lame explanation. You can...if you didn't want to save her in the first place.
"Tch." I mumble under my breath. It is a moment of completely silence. Before it's broken by the woman pointing with her thumb behind her.
"You may pass."
"What?" It seems like Leorio is starstruck at what is happening right in front of him. "You just have to tell the old lady what she wants to hear. Adios." He gives me a smug smirk again and waves. I feel a vein popping up in my forehead. You little shit.
"Hey, now! That's all bull! How was that the right answer?! We're supposed to give the answer the old lady wants? And that's considered correct? Hey, say something! I won't put up with this sham. I'll find a different route." He already turns around to show that he's serious about it.
"It's too late. Refuse to take the quiz, and you're disqualified." The old woman gives him a clear warning. "T-That's just ridiculous! Different people would expect different answers! There is no right answer!" And we're finally getting somewhere.

Third p.o.v
No right answer...Muses the blonde boy silently. I see! His eyes widen in realization. "Leorio!" He manages to shout before he's cut off by the old woman.
"Wait!" She folds her hands, eyes narrowed slightly. The cat-eyed boy has figured it out, just like the girl standing before her. And the girl is smatter then someone would think.
"Not another word from you two. Say anything but the answer, and you're immediately disqualified." The girl shakes her head and sighs, clearly annoyed at her companions antics. The old woman suppresses a smile.
Wake up, Leorio....It's a simple trick.
"Here is your question....Your son and daughter has been kidnapped. You can only rescue one. Select 1 for your son, or 2 for your daughter. Which will you rescue?" She's making fun of us...Leorio grinds his teeth and promptly turns away.

Akira p.o.v
"Five." He grabs something. I eye him suspiciously. What was he going to do again? I forgot that part....shit.
"Four."
"Three." With his back turned to me, I hear some cracks, like he's trying to pry something from...wood!
"Two." Shit! I gave him a warning glare, but he is just looking at the wooden stick he's holding in his hand. Moving it around frantically as if he's testing something.
"One. Buzz. Time's up." The next thing happens so fast, that I almost can't wrap my head around it. With a scream Leorio jumps to the old woman, holding the stick so he can hit her on her head.
"You idiot!" I manage to scream, until with a smack two wooden sticks clash against each other.
"Don't stop me, Kurapika! I won't be satisfied until I've taught this old hag a lesson!" He screams, sounding frustrated.
"Calm down, Leorio!"
"How am I supposed to calm down?!" I walk closer and smack his head upside down.  "We already gave the correct response!" I snap, a bit irritated with his lack of common sense.
"Correct response?" He asks dumbfounded. I nod to Kurapika, showing that he can explain.
"We gave the right answer. Silence was the correct response." He crosses his arms behind his back.
"Silence? What do you mean...."
"You hit the nail on the head." "There's no right answer!"
"Precisely. The quiz had no right answer. However we could only state 1 or 2 as the answer. In other words, we weren't meant to respond at all. Silence was the only response." He lays his index finger on his lips.
"But what about the other guy?" He points in the direction the boy went. This time I take it over. "They never said he gave them the right answer! The old lady only said, 'You may pass.' So that meant the guy got the wrong path, am I right?"
The old lady smiles.
"Precisely. The correct path is over there. This leads to the tree. Walk two hours and you'll reach the top."
"Oh, so that's what this was about...." I giggle, sharing a glance with Kurapika.
"A couple lives in the cabin beneath that tree. They serve as Navigators. If you meet their standards, I believe that they'll guide you to the exam site." I pat Leorio's back hard. "Shouldn't you say something?" He glares at me, but turns to the old lady anyway.
"Gran, I'm sorry for my rudeness." He bows.
"Oh, I don't mind. I do this job because I enjoy meeting people like you."
"Huh?" She's just smiles mysteriously. "Do your best to become a good Hunter."
With a thud Gon lands on the ground and let's out a loud sigh.
"It's no use. I can't think of an answer." It's quiet.
"You were still trying to find an answer? You can stop." Laughs Leorio.
"Huh? Why?"
"The quiz is over." Gon crosses his legs and looks down. "I know. But you know...What if I run into a situation like that and I can only save one person...What should I do then? It wouldn't be right to choose just one...But one day, I might have to make that choice." This time is the silence more deafening. I sigh loudly and cross my arms. "I feel yah...." And look away from them all.
"After all...I was asking myself by the first question...Who would I save?"