𝐱𝐢𝐯.

MAGNOLIA PUT ON HER NICEST DRESS AND FIXED HER HAIR

MAGNOLIA PUT ON HER NICEST DRESS AND FIXED HER HAIR. . .

In a few minutes, Gilbert would arrive, and she did not want to go downstairs. She wanted to stay in her room and read, sleep, or do anything else than eat Christmas dinner with Gilbert Blythe.

She wore a dark green dress that her mother hand made with velvet fabric, it hugged her petite frame perfectly. Magnolia also had a matching bow in her hair.

"Magnolia! Come downstairs, Gilbert and his friend will be here any minute!" She raises her eyebrows in confusion, who was his friend? She pushed her thoughts away then huffed and left her room, dreading every step she took.

Her mother grinned at her when she reached the parlor. She was wearing her best dress and her strawberry blonde hair was in a bun. "You look beautiful. Green is your color."

"Thank you, mother." She replied and smiled back.

"John! Hurry up!" Her mother called, and her father came from their room. He had his jacket half on. Her mother shook her head at him, then he finished putting on his jacket.

A knock came from the door causing Magnolia's heart to stop, she knew her mother would force her to speak to Gilbert. She wanted to hide.

Her mother rushed to the door and opened it. Magnolia was behind her, with a scowl on her face.

The redhead was expecting Gilbert and him only, but instead of just Gilbert, there was a tall man beside him with dark skin.

Magnolia's eyes widened, she had never seen a person of color before. She smiled widely at him, ignoring Gilbert for the second time that day.

"Merry Christmas to you both!" Her mother exclaimed.

"Come in!" Her father piped up and the two of them stepped inside the house.

"Magnolia, John, this is Sebastian." He tipped his hat and shook her father's hand. Then, he moved to her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sebastian."

"Please, call me Bash." The redhead nodded. "What a lovely home! Nice and warm" Bash said while looking around.

"Let me take your coats." Her mother offered.

"Oh, uh, thank you." Bash took of his scarf and coat and handed them to Amelia. But before her mother could hang up his jacket, Bash stopped her. "I almost forgot." He dug in his jacket pocket and pulled out a glass bottle full of something

"How very kind of you." Her mother took the bottle.

"It's curry." He informed her.