𝐯.

"MAGNOLIA, PLEASE FETCH ME THE RAGS ON THE TABLE

"MAGNOLIA, PLEASE FETCH ME THE RAGS ON THE TABLE.". . .

The red head instantly ran into the kitchen, grabbed two clean rags from the table, then brought them back to her mother. Stiles and Emily were sick. She hoped it was only a stomach virus and not something worse.

Her mother dipped the rags into the bucket of hot water beside her and squeezed it out. She put the rag on Emily's forehead then repeated the same steps with Stiles.

Magnolia frowned at them, they were normally energetic and happy, but at the moment, they were the opposite.

Her mother gave them both a kiss on the cheek before standing. She grabbed the redhead's hand and guided her out of the room. "Don't you have school today?" She asked as she slowly shut the door.

Magnolia gasped. She had completely forgot about school. She would most definitely be late. "I have to go!" She said and snatched up her lunch and coat.

"Wait!" She turned and looked at her mother. "Your hair is a mess, go upstairs and brush it."

"I don't have time, I'll just braid it on the walk there." She sighed. She knew Magnolia hated being late so she let her go.

The young girl rushed out the door and onto the path that led to the school. She pulled her hair to the side and braided it as she jogged. She knew it was probably messy, but she didn't care at the moment.

She got to the school rather quickly, but, they already started, so she was still late. She pushed the doors open and walked in quietly, hoping not to disturb Mr. Phillips.

She slid into her seat, proud, because she did it without the teacher noticing.

Anne smiled at her, and she grinned back, but something about Anne seemed off today. "Which districts comprise the prairies? Gilbert?" Mr. Philips spoke, dragging her attention onto him.

Gilbert stood and looked toward the map plaster on the wall in front of her. "Um, the districts of Athabasca, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Assiniboia."

"Now that is a clever student." The girls around her whispered about how smart and dreamy he was. She rolled her eyes and held back a gag.

"Anne, which provinces comprise the Atlantic Maritimes?" She stood slowly and looked at Mr. Philips.

"I'm sorry. What was the question?" She asked.

"Could you not hear me?" He said rudely. "Was I not speaking loud enough?" He raised his voice making Anne quiver, Magnolia glared at him.

"I'm sorry, I just-"

"The Atlantic Maritimes!" Mr. Philips yelled and the class chuckled, however, she just scowled, the red head was beginning to hate everyone except for Anne and Diana.

"Worst day ever." Anne grumbled, she furiously grabbed her hat and coat as Magnolia stood by the door.