𝐢𝐢.

SHE PACED BACK AND FORTH ANXIOUSLY

SHE PACED BACK AND FORTH ANXIOUSLY. . .

Magnolia had been waiting for Anne, it had been 15 minutes and the red head still hadn't shown up.

She was beginning to think Anne didn't want to walk with her, she sighed and waited for a few more minutes just in case she showed up last minute.

But she didn't, so Magnolia started her walk to the school alone. She held her slate tight against her chest and followed the path in front of her.

The wind nipped at her skin, sending shivers down her spine; she pulled her coat closet to her body. She closed her eyes and inhaled the freezing air.

She had always loved winter, something about the cold makes her feel cheerful.

As Magnolia opened her eyes again she slammed into something hard and strong, she fell back in surprise and landed with a thud. The oxygen in her lungs seemed to have disappeared, she gasped for air as whoever knocked her over apologized.

"I am so sorry, are you alright miss?" A male voice said grabbing onto her arm and helping her up. She glanced at the unknown person and immediately scowled.

The infamous Gilbert Blythe was the culprit. He had a concerned look on his face as he briefly checked her body for injuries.

Magnolia wanted to roll her eyes as she locked eyes with him. She had always hated the dark haired boy, his stupid smirk and annoying laugh made her want to scream. He didn't seem to recognize her, so she was glad.

"Magnolia? It's been forever." She was wrong. The red head just ignored him and looked down at his arm which was still holding onto hers.

He noticed and pulled it away, then scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"So uh you headed to school?" She glanced up at him before replying.

"Yes." She said blankly and started on her walk to school again.

"Wait!" He yelled, Magnolia signed and stopped walking. She spun around and faced him.

"What do you want?" She asked, clearly annoyed.

"You're bleeding," He pointed to her arm causing her to look down and see for herself. She didn't see anything on her forearm, so she furrowed her eyebrows at him. He chuckled slightly and spoke. "Your elbow." She lifted her arm and checked, sure enough her elbow was bleeding.

She wiped the blood off, ignoring the stinging as she did and looked up at him. "See? It's all better now."

"Let me help you." He said and stepped towards her, she shook her head.

"I'm perfectly capable of helping myself, Gilbert." She shot back.

"You are, but I happen to have a bandage." He smirked and pulled out a cream cloth from his pocket.