𝐢𝐯.

ANNE AND MAGNOLIA RAN INTO THE BURNING HOUSE

ANNE AND MAGNOLIA RAN INTO THE BURNING HOUSE. . .

The heat hit them immediately as they ran through the house. Magnolia knew she was being foolish, it was dangerous to run into a house on fire. But she couldn't just leave Anne, she had to help her.

"Close all the doors!" Anne shouted and she did as she said. She ran to the first door on her left and Anne went the opposite way, she grabbed the door handle and shut it. She then moved onto the next room, she went to grab the handle to the door when she saw Gilbert outside the window, on a ladder, trying to stop the fire with buckets of water.

Her face went red, she felt embarrassed because of her earlier actions. "Magnolia? What are you doing?" He asked as he scanned her for injuries like he did the other day.

"What does it look like? I'm trying to stop the fire." She shoots back, and coughs from the smoke.

He furrows his eyebrows in concern. "You need to leave it isn't safe-" She ignores him and slams the door shut.

She runs to the last room and grasps the handle, but a burning pain shoots through her hand as she did. The fire reached the door.

She ignores the pain in her palm and shuts the door with her sleeve.

Her lungs suddenly closed up, she coughed violently and turned around to look for Anne. The smoke was getting worse, which made it harder to see.

"Anne!" Magnolia screamed and headed to the back door where they entered from. She wasn't there.

Her heart rate sped up as she waited for her friend, she wanted to go look for her, but she was afraid.

Finally Anne came stumbling towards her, her eyes widen, and she rushed to her friend.

"Keep your eyes open, Anne. You can't fall asleep." She muttered while putting her arm around her shoulder and dragging her out of the house.

"Magnolia! Anne!" Marilla and Magnolia's mother shouted.

Magnolia barely smiled and brought an almost unconscious Anne to them. Diana ran to her side and hugged both of them, while crying.

A group of people surrounded them, all asking questions. "Did it help?" Anne said, avoiding their questions.

"What were you thinking?" Marilla asked, but Anne went into another coughing fit.

"Fire needs oxygen, so we closed the doors to deprive it." Magnolia said and put a hand on Anne's back.

"Oh my word-"