𝐢.

MAGNOLIA BAKER ABSOLUTELY HATED HER HAIR

MAGNOLIA BAKER ABSOLUTELY HATED HER HAIR. . .

She was cursed with the brightest red hair you've ever seen; it was almost the exact same color of blood.

Maybe one of the reasons she hated her hair color so much was because of how much she was made fun of for it. Billy Andrews would always comment on it, making her feel even more like a freak. But even when kids picked on her, she still kept a smile on her face. She always says, "you never know who could use a smile." and she lives by that.

"Magnolia,"

Her mother crept into her room, pulling her away from her thoughts. With a smile, she placed a clean dress on her bed. Her golden hair glistening in the sun rays that were shinning through the window. Deep inside she was always jealous of her mother's hair, it was a gorgeous strawberry blonde shade that reminded her of orange lilys. "Up, up, up, you don't want to be late for school do you?"

She sat up quickly and grinned at her mother. "Well, go and get dressed, already." She said and left the room.

Magnolia pushed her blanket away from her legs and stood up. She rushed over to her window and pushed it open. Immediately, cold air gushed at her face. She closed her eyes and took a breath in, peace filling her small body.

She was pulled out of her trance by a presence behind her, she spun around, curious to see who was there.

Her little sister Emily grinned up at her. She was holding a teal colored ribbon. "Mommy said this is for you." She took the ribbon from her hand and examined it, before smiling again.

"Thank you, Emmy." She rushed over to her bed and placed the ribbon over her dress.

She turned to Emily, picking up the ribbon."It matches perfectly." Emily takes a peek before running out of the room to tell their mother the news.

She changed into her school dress and tied her hair back with the new ribbon, then she slipped on her boots and looksed into her mirror. She was satisfied with her appearance, (besides her hair, of course.)

The smell of smoke filled her nostrils, and her eyed widen in fear. She ran down stairs and straight to the kitchen. Both her mother and father were by the stove, tossing the burnt biscuits and eggs into a bucket. "What's going on?" She asked, shaky from the adrenaline rush.

"Your mother burnt breakfast," Her father answered and picked up the bucket full of food before heading out the door to give it to their animals.

"I'm sorry sweetie but I don't have time to make you breakfast, you'll be late."

Magnolia shook her head. "It's fine, I'm not hungry anyway."

"Your books and slate are on the table." She turned around and grabbed the books from the table.