𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Start from the beginning

Everyone at the table was watching our conversation, well except for Roman and Blake who were too busy making out.

Ew.

"What?" Jackson said confused.

I turned to him, "Nothing Jackson, is just something between us girls."

"Oh... alright then." He took a bite of his burger and detached from the conversation.

"I think it's time we have a talk Paris. Not here though, after school at Chelsea's." I told her.

She clenched her jaw but agreed anyway.

Chelsea looked at me confused and I just shook my head.

The air was tense on the table so I decided to move the attention towards the stupid love birds.

"So Blake, Roman since when are you two a thing?" I asked with fake interest. I really don't care when they got together.

Blake spoke before Roman could. "Two weeks ago, he's just so cute I mean look at him."

Ew.

"No." I said with a disgusted face.

"Aw bae." Roman said and again kissed Blake.

Knowing Roman's history this wasn't bound to last but once again—I couldn't care less about either of them.

The class bell rang.

"Come on Chelsea, let's go to class. Paris, we'll see you later." I said and turned to go with Chelsea following me.

School ended a few hours ago so I was at Chelsea's, she was showing me the dalmatian puppies while we waited for Paris to arrive.

They were really adorable to be honest.

"And this is thunder, this is freckles, this is penny, oh, oh and this one here is cadpig an—" Chelsea got interrupted by a maid.

"Miss Rodrigo, sorry to interrupt but Miss LaRue it's downstairs waiting in the main livingroom."

She gave the girl a smile. "Maryam I told you to just call me Chelsea, but thank you for letting me know. Would you mind staying with the puppies and their momma for a while?"

The maid nodded, "Of course Mis— Chelsea."

"Thank you. Let's go see Paris, Skylar.

I followed Chelsea to the livingroom to find Paris sat there in the couch.

She turned to us when she heard us coming. "Hi..." I could see her fidget with her hands in a nervous manner.

We sat at each side of her on the couch in silence.

"I am sorry for treating you the way I did Chelsea, I was angry and stressed but still you didn't deserve that — I had no right to take my anger out on you. I'm sorry." Paris held Chelsea's hands as she told her that.

Chelsea pouted and engulfed her in a big hug which Paris returned with the same force. "It's fine P, I forgive you. I just miss you you're my partner in crime." Chelsea said against her.

"I know Chels, I know, I'm sorry it's just... I'm a mess right now and I don't know what to do." Paris said her voice breaking at the end.

They broke apart. "I suppose you already know what it is Skylar." She said to me.

"I had suspicions but your face today at lunch confirmed it to me."

"Okay what's going on Paris? What's Skylar talking about?" Chelsea asked.

"I'm... cheating on Jackson."

Chelsea's eyes widened and she looked from me to Paris. "You?! But, but aren't you two like madly in love?"

Paris flinched at that and looked down in shame.

"I do loving him... so much it's just..."

"Okay let's start with something easier. Who is it?"

Chelsea and I looked at Paris expectantly.

She mumbled something under her breath but I didn't understand what she said.

"What?"

Paris sighed.

"Riley Drake." She said louder this time.

My mouth fell open and my eyes widened.

I did not expect that.

Chelsea looked as shocked as me.

"Riley Drake? As in Summer's best friend? That Riley?" I asked her surprised.

She nodded.

"How the fuck did that happen!?"

-

Paris' POV

I told them everything from the beginning at the party—to Riley's ultimatum a few days ago, about how confused I was — how I love Jackson and how Riley makes me feel. Skylar and Chelsea sat there swallowing everything I just told them and letting it sink in while I just paced around the livingroom.

"Shit." Skylar was the first to break the silence.

I don't know how she figured it out—I thought I was being careful but I guess I underestimated Skylar.

Never again.

"Wow." Chelsea finally said something.

"What are you going to do?" Skylar asked me.

"I don't know."

She just hummed and stayed silent again.

"Well Paris who makes you the happiest." Chelsea asked me.

"They both do, they make me happy in their own way."

I thought about all the happy memories I have with Jackson, it made me feel good and safe like he always made me feel. Then theres Riley she's something new and unpredictable but even if just been a couple of months she has made the happiest I've been in a while.

"Okay, that's good I guess. Then the other important thing. Who do you love?"

"That's the thing. I love Jackson, I know I do. He's always been there for me, it's hard to imagine my life without him and it's not fair to him. Then Riley she makes me feel different—like when I'm with her my stomach flutters and I feel like I can do anything but I don't... I don't think I love her like I do Jack."

"I think the answer it's there, if you love Jackson as much as you say then that's it." Chelsea held my hand.

"Well I don't think of it like that, because if you loved him as much as you say there wouldn't be another person." Skylar said.

"Skylar..." Chelsea gave her a look.

"What? That's what I think. Anyway it's your choice."

She's right but still. "I know now what I have to do."

"Thank you girls and sorry for how I been acting. It felt good to finally talk about it with someone, I love you all." I told them.

Chelsea got up a threw herself at me in a big hug. "It's okay Paris, I'm glad you talked to us."

"Come here Skylar."

Skylar looked at us unbothered, "No thanks."

Chelsea pouted. "Fine. Now come Paris I want to show you my new puppies!" She pulled me up and guided me upstairs with Skylar following behind us.

I know what I had to do now and as much as I hate it—it has to be done.

-

*Edited*