𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Skylar's POV

I was in the cafeteria with Chelsea hearing her talk about how her dog birthed puppies the other day and how one of them doesn't like to be away from his mom and play with the other puppies. "I swear Skylar they're the cutest dalmatians ever, I even named each of them after the ones from the movie— not all obviously because there aren't 101 of them, but you get me. You should come over to see them."

"Sure Chels, I'll come after school." She gave me a toothy smile and a 'okay'.

I'm glad Chelsea is on her usual good mood again, she was down because of what Paris said to her the other day and the fact that she is yet to apologize for the shit she said like I told her to, when I see her we're going to have a little chat.

"Hey girls." Speak of the devil.

There was Paris with Jackson and following behind them Roman and Blake who were all over each other — I guess Blake finally found a distraction I just didn't know she had such a terrible taste, you had to be desperate to hook up or date Roman.

They sat at the table with us—Paris avoiding looking at me and Chelsea, I glared so hard at her that even if she wasn't looking at me I know she was aware of me throwing daggers at her with my eyes. I wasn't going to take her bullshit anymore and I wasn't scared to call her out in front of everyone.

So thats what I'm about to do.

"Hey Paris, are you done being a bitch? Because I believe you owe Chelsea an apology."

Chelsea pulled at the sleeve of my blazer from underneath the table. I know she doesn't like when any of us yell or fight. We don't usually fight but when we do it's Paris and I — we tend to clash in some things but nothing major.

"You don't tell me what to do Skylar." She said through gritted teeths.

"Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be telling you to stop acting like a little shit and apologize to your best friend."

I could see she was holding her anger back but I don't care, I'm fucking tired of her actitud towards us lately. That incident wasn't the first time—it was just the first she comes after Chelsea, usually it's towards me.

She didn't reply at that, so I told her something I knew will caught her of guard.

"What is guilt driving you mad? Really I thought you knew better."

Her face lost it's color when I told her that.

Paris thought she could fool everyone, that no one would notice but I did I'm not stupid all the signs are there I just had to do some digging and connect the dots.

She was cheating on Jackson and the guilt was eating her alive which caused her to be on edge. How did I conclude that? Well for one the constant missing and skipping class— the later was normal but she always skipped with Chelsea, but Chelsea as of late it's been with me in class most of the time because she didn't know where Paris was. Then one day she said she was with Jackson so I asked him if she was with her and he said no. I covered for her that time though and a few other that I saw Jackson alone with his friends when Paris was supposedly with him. Her reaction to what I said just confirmed it.

I usually wouldn't care but she was taking it out all on us so I think it's time we have a talk. I wasn't about to rat her out though, I wouldn't do that to her — that's her problem to solve.

I do wonder who the person it's tho, her and Jackson have been together since sophomore year and not once has she cheated so I was curious.

"You don't know what your talking about Skylar." Paris said still paler than normal.