𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Summer's POV

Today is Saturday that meant I had to meet Skylar at the library.

As I was getting ready to go I heard Riley move on my bed—still half asleep. We spent all night talking, it's already midafternoon and she's still sleeping.

I don't know how she does it.

She raised her head, "Where are you going so early?"

"Riley it's three in the afternoon."

She blinked a couple times getting the sleep off her eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah and I'm going to the library to meet with Skylar."

"Right, the queen b with a stick up her ass."

I chuckled.

"Want me to drive you there?" She asked me.

"Sure." I finished grabbing my books.

"Just let me go to the bathroom real quick." I nodded.

I went downstairs to find my mom, "You two are finally up." She said while she watched a movie.

"Yeah, Riley is at the bathroom, she's gonna take me to the library. I'm meeting with my project partner there." I told her as Riley made her way downstairs ready to go.

"You are not going to have lunch? There's some left in the fridge." My mom asked and pointed to the kitchen.

"I'll eat when I come back."

"Me too. I'm starving." Riley said.

"Okay, bye then. Have fun." My mom said going back to her movie.

"Bye!"

We were in front of the library inside Riley's car. "Call me when you're done, have a good date with the bitch queen."

I flipped her off and got out the car. I entered the library looking for Skylar and found her sat in the back of the library texting on her phone. "You're late," she said without looking up.

I checked on my phone confused to see I was just a minute late.

Are you kidding me?

"Just by one minute." I sat on the seat across her.

"Still late— I don't need you wasting my time." She told me finally looking up from her phone — she got the papers out of her bag and opened her laptop. "This is what we're are going to do," she showed me the screen of her laptop. "And this is your part of the project," she passed me the papers, "Get to it." She said getting back to work on what I assume it's her part of the project.

Wow.

We worked on silence for an hour until I got a text from Brook.

Brooke

Hey beautiful, what are you up to?

Hi! I'm at the library working
on a project with my lab partner :p

You?

Thinking about you

I blushed and chuckled at Brooke's response — when I noticed that Skylar was looking at me I blushed harder.

I was about to ask her if she needed anything but she spoke first. "I heard you're McKenzie's new conquest — I had my doubts to be honest but looking by the way you're blushing it seems the rumors were right." She told me with a blank face.

"What—" she interrupted me again.

"I'm shocked that she went for someone as... shy as you, that's a first. Just a word of advice— not that I care. All she does is play with people. I mean, I've seen her do it with my team mates—she left the ones who got too clingy and it was a total mess really." Skylar chuckled at that last part.

"I don't believe you. You don't know her." I told her getting angry.

"Sweetheart, I know everyone and everything at that school and I couldn't care less if you think I'm lying and not the one who will be heartbroken at the end." She stood up to leave.

I stood up as well. "You don't know her or anyone, you're just a mean person who thinks people should be scared of and that thinks she's better than everyone."

Skylar stared back at me with an motionless face. She then got close to me and leaned besides my ear.

"I am better than everyone." She whispered making me shiver — and with a smirk on her face left.

I was fuming.

There's no way I have to do this every week besides school. I got my phone and texted Riley that I was done and that she could come get me.

Thankfully she replied quickly saying she was on her way.

I sat outside the library on the stairs thinking about Skylar and what she said about Brooklyn. She wouldn't do that to me right? No, no way, Skylar just wanted to mess with my head—she's a bitch is what she does. She doesn't know her like I do.

The rest of the weekend all I thought about was what Skylar said despite trying hard not to.

-

*Edited*